Sign in to follow this  
varun1794

e30 injectors

hey i own a 1990 e30 320i n need to either get my injectors cleaned or get new ones

anyone know where to get some or a good place to get them cleaned and whats the cost like for both

thanks

quoted from another member, similar topic so should still be relivant. its under race series tecnical data but it mainly talks about colours

"There is multiple part numbers that are the same color. As far as I know there is two or three part numbers for the M20B20 E30. And the CC ratings they have been given in every book we have checked are wrong.

Best people to talk to about them is Petroject out in Albany. "

Just cleaned my ones myself, as i had access to a cleaning machine. I was quoted $30-40 each to get them serviced by deisel and turbo, anywhere similar to that should be able to do them.

Usually a clean and service will sort them, not very often they need replacing.

thanks guys

anyone know any other places apart from petroject?

CDL in Manukau... don't have the number here at home though...ring me in the morning

if you have them out i would recommend reconnecting the fuel rail with injectors in

point them up and turn the engine over

if three are running worse than the others it will likely be the power feed through the c191 plug (first plug the injector loom uses just under the intake (one power feed for 1,2,3 another feed wire does 4,5,6)

if one is bad swap it around and see if its the injector itself or that injector plug

if its power related it will likely be the ground through the same c191 plug

easiest fix is to cut it out and replace it with a generic plug/ terminals

i have the injectors out now and the tips arfe covered in sh*t but no clue how the inside is.

ill be taking them to someone tommorow and it would be really helpfull if someone could tell me a place with a price i only know that petroject charges 25 each, does anyone know any places are cheaper

thanks

its called get on the phone and make some calls

^^^^^^ and $25 will probably be a benchmark. You are probably splitting hairs. We used to charge the same where I used to be a few yrs ago

thanks for the help guys got them cleaned and also needed a new afm and ecu got all that sorted and the car ran great for about 2 hours then started stalling and then overfueling and was running like crap, didnt know what to do by the time i got money to go to the mechanics it wouldnt start.... it used to spit black smoke n would give you a headache within minutes from how rich it was running i checked the plugs and they are black and covered in raw fuel. and i also saw it ;leaking fuel near the fpr ONCE that day but then didnt do it again. its not because of the ecu as i tried another one n had the same problem

iv heard its either temp sensor or fpr, what do you guys reckon???

is there a cheap fix possibly under 100$

or should i just wait a month til i get my m50 swap

I'll let you in on a secret, great way to save money... take it to a professional. Only they will be able to accurately diagnose the issue. Save you buying every part in the world and possibly causing more damage to your car in the process of trial and error.

I hope you spend a decent amount of time researching an M50 swap because unless you know what you're doing I'm sure it will be more than a mission and a half.

Edited by bmw3

I'll let you in on a secret, great way to save money... take it to a professional. Only they will be able to accurately diagnose the issue. Save you buying every part in the world and possibly causing more damage to your car in the process of trial and error.

I hope you spend a decent amount of time researching an M50 swap because unless you know what you're doing I'm sure it will be more than a mission and a half.

yea if i hav 2 get it towed i might aswell wait a few weeks because im not doing the swap myself anyway