Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

3D Glasses.

My parents recentley purchaced a 64" LED 3D tele, once a year i house sit for them and this Jan will be the time, my question is, is it worth buying a pair of 3D glasses for the television for $100, $150 or however much they are? Quite keen to chuck GT5 on this monster since the game is 3D compatible but never experianced 3D before, dunno whether it's sh*t or great or whatever? I know some of you guys have 3D teles, any good?

Chur.

It's a Sony Bravia. Are the glasses different between each maker?

As far as I know...

The Samsung ones in particular know if the TV is in 3D mode, and won't allow you to power up the glasses unless it's in 3D Mode.

Surprised it didn't come with a free pair.

your right about the samsung glasses and they also changed the way they talk with the tv since last years models,

And yea sadly samsung glasses wont work with ya tv.

Good news, Sony Samsung panasonic have signed a deal to make all there glasses the same next year so wont be as pricey.

As far as I know...

The Samsung ones in particular know if the TV is in 3D mode, and won't allow you to power up the glasses unless it's in 3D Mode.

Surprised it didn't come with a free pair.

6g tv for 4g tv means no free nothings! If i were with them they would have been free but that's a different story.

The Samsung glasses thing is wierd? I'm sure there are aftermarket glasses around that work on all tvs, i don't know? Surely someone would know whether 3D is worth paying the extra $$$ for.

As i say, never experianced it before.

6g tv for 4g tv means no free nothings! If i were with them they would have been free but that's a different story.

The Samsung glasses thing is wierd? I'm sure there are aftermarket glasses around that work on all tvs, i don't know? Surely someone would know whether 3D is worth paying the extra $$$ for.

As i say, never experianced it before.

Id say its fine for about half an hour and then the gimmick wears off. maybe go down to your local electronics store and have a jam on one of their set ups? or watch a demo movie? gives you a good idea as the 3d effect, be it trasmitted differently between models, appears to look the same across most if not all tv's. So will give you a fair idea on whether to blow $100 on glasses?.

I would assume the effect is the same across the range. Good idea though, mght go to Harveys and have a look see.

Same here, 3D gives me headaches. Flat screen look more lifelike to me. Mind you im colourblind, short sighted and dyslexic on a bad day, would surprise me if i dont see 3d in everyday life like everyone else does.

Same here, 3D gives me headaches. Flat screen look more lifelike to me. Mind you im colourblind, short sighted and dyslexic on a bad day, would surprise me if i dont see 3d in everyday life like everyone else does.

Ha that's an unfortunate combitnation, might have a go at an appliance place before i buy. I reckon GT5 might look quite good in 3D.

just remember the GT5 3d is you going into the screen not the screen coming at you. Its not like the movies =D

just remember the GT5 3d is you going into the screen not the screen coming at you. Its not like the movies =D

Wouldn't know? You tried it?

I have a 50" Samsung LED and to be honest 3D is not the greatest, unless you watch movies specifically made for 3D ie Avatar, GT5 is awesome but i soon got bored of it - also the glasses are annoying playing a game and i had too sit closer to the TV then i normally would...IMO not worth the $$ if the TV is not your own or gonna get some decent usage.