Sign in to follow this  
DaveO

New User - 530i M-sport

Hi Guys and Girls of bimmersport.

Have always wanted a nice euro car, and finally bought one recently!

I have been into cars for many years now, but has always been of the Nissan variety.

My first car which I fell in love with was a 1991 Nissan 180sx. 1.8litre turbo, manual, rear wheel drive. I bought this when I was 17. Since then I have turned it from a standard car, into a full D1 car making 400bhp and weighing 1100kg. Super hard suspension, locked differential, BRIDE racing seats etc, Work Meister 18" wheels, big bodykit and black metallic paintjob.

Due to the molestation to the car, it became harder to drive it on the roads, so I eventually bought myself a 'daily drive'.

At first I bought a 1997 Nissan Laurel, a big whale of a car, 2.5litre 6cyl and comfy inside. From here I went to a 1999 RS200 Altezza - but I was not a big fan.

After looking for several months for a new 4 door, decent engine'd, rear wheel drive car, I decided I would test drive some BMW's.

I had to decide between a 4 door E46, or a E39. I've always prefered the 5 series, and certainly wanted a M-spec one.

Eventually stumbled across a NZ NEW 2002 BMW 530i Motorsport with almost every option, unique paintjob, BMW individual special options, low km's and in mint condition. Once I drove it, I had to have it.

Turns out the previous owner is on here too. You might know him as Matt45. These pics are shamelessly stolen from his Showroom thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love an E39 in blue, was holding out for a tidy LeMans or Avus blue one myself but they are a bit thin on the ground in the South Island so stuck with the ubiquitous Titan Silber Metallic. Nice Car!