Sign in to follow this  
318i Turbo

bunrt

im not to sure if iv told you fellas yet, but i had a wee fire in my engine bay ok a big fire, outside epsom girls on my way to work one day. Today i have started to strip it down to fix it up. Destoyed was only the wirring loom and all plastic so im happy bout that. Ill take pics as i go along as the plan is to be spending a bit under the hood. Bradded hoses and all the other stuff etc are all on the list, head will be coming off for a tickle and a 2.7 if i can along with a mass tidy up.

i herd about that from your sisters mate..

same sorta thing happend to my dad on the first day he got his cherokee only it was engine degreaser on fire so luckily it didnt dammage anything at all

bummer dude - at least something better comes out of it.

yea thats whats keeping me smiling at the moment, i got some pics but it says i cant upload this type of file, how do i go about stoping that :blush:

yea thats whats keeping me smiling at the moment, i got some pics but it says i cant upload this type of file, how do i go about stoping that :blush:

Open it with a Photo editing thing, like for example Photoshop.

Click on "Save ass" and then go to one of the arrows and it'll have a whole lot of files like .bmp .jpeg.

Save it as .JPG (or .JPEG)

And a bloody big bugger about your car :(

Edited by BMW POWER

Bloody car fires as of late, I'm absolutely obsessed about shielding any cables I play with now with loads of heatshrink. Better safe than sorry.

How did your fire start 318i Turbo?

Edited by Surge

That can also happen if the file is of an acceptable type, but too big - try making it smaller or saving as a lesser quality jpeg to reduce the file size.

Yep - must be something in the air or something.

Fire extinguishers are on special at Burnsco Marine - $23 for a 1kg, or if you are space conscious, $25 for a half kg one. No excuse not to have one at that price, and check with your insurance - my company gives me a 5% discount for having one, and that works out to more than the cost of buying it, not mention the security knowing that if your car catches fire you don't hve to watch it burn thinking you might have been able to save it if you had one.

Guest Andrew

and check with your insurance - my company gives me a 5% discount for having one

which company is that?

well after all sorts of drama i got it started on sat, took a month to find a matching loom dam it, then out of complet lazynes it just sat for a while, i brought a another car so the funds didnt strech as far as i wouldve liked for my plans but hey im just happy i can drive it again

yeah i got a fire extinguisher in the weekend aye its so worth it, and repco matched super cheap autos price and gave me like 20 bucks off i was stoked :lol:

which company is that?

Sorry 'bout the late reply.

FMG (Farmers mutual Group) - sorry, but you Auckland boys and girls can't be insured by them.

10% discount for approved alarm too, so toal 15% discount - although that will take some time to recoup the cost of the alarm...

Edited by bravomikewhiskey