Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

whats my E36 worth

Thinking of selling the E36 and buying something cheaper then using the spare cash to buy a track/drift car.

It's a 96 E36, 318ti Compact, m-tech full kit

only done 42,000kms fresh import 2 months ago. what do people think it's worth?

Crikey, That was quick.... Don't like BMW's much or something :P

Well anyway depending on condition its probably worth around $9,000 - $11,000

When you go to sell it, make sure that you mention MTECH kit, theres a guy on trademe selling a 2001 525iA and he hasn't mentioned andything about the MTECH stuff it has.

Crikey, That was quick.... Don't like BMW's much or something :P

When you go to sell it, make sure that you mention MTECH kit, theres a guy on trademe selling a 2001 525iA and he hasn't mentioned andything about the MTECH stuff it has.

Good luck with 9-11 .... it's more around Andrew's figure ... There is a 325i with Mtech stuff here with fairly low K's that going for 10500 ... and it still hasn't sold ..

Well I payed 10 big ones importing it. :angry:

And it's not that im not happy with it, I love the damn thing, but since I want to get into a career of racing, I want to start early, and I have the option of a free Series 1 RX7 already race-spec, or I buy my own Skyline or Silvia.

I'm still thinking, I'd rather keep my BMW, but im not a huge fan of old school rx7s.

Edited by Sudo

Guest Andrew

Well I payed 10 big ones importing it.  :angry:

And it's not that im not happy with it, I love the damn thing, but since I want to get into a career of racing, I want to start early, and I have the option of a free Series 1 RX7 already race-spec, or I buy my own Skyline or Silvia.

I'm still thinking, I'd rather keep my BMW, but im not a huge fan of old school rx7s.

who did you get it off -

looked at my stock list 318is 1996 10500 - 5453 landed and complied cost price

e36 318ti mtech kit landed 42000 ks 6300 cost price

then again we be fairly high up the food chain in where we buy from japan

if you want into get into a career of racing - you'd be going down the wrong path. Start go karting.

Dad got it for me from one of his agents, then again I duno he might of lied, when I asked him "How much did you pay?" he just said "10" then laughed a bit. -_-

When you say a career of racing are you saying that you want to be a professional racer or saying that you want to race on a national license footing the bills yourself?

Crikey, That was quick.... Don't like BMW's much or something  :P

When you go to sell it, make sure that you mention MTECH kit, theres a guy on trademe selling a 2001 525iA and he hasn't mentioned andything about the  MTECH stuff it has.

Good luck with 9-11 .... it's more around Andrew's figure ... There is a 325i with Mtech stuff here with fairly low K's that going for 10500 ... and it still hasn't sold ..
Yeah, around 7 or 8k looking at that again.

I don't go to school, lol.

I know it's quite a nice car for my age, my first car(last year) was a 97 Impreza.

My dad's one of these people who hates old cars, so he insisted I had something new and "not a pile of sh*t" so he gets me late model cars.

I'm not complaining, but to be honest, I would rather have a job and buy my own, which is why im looking for a job at the moment.

Being spoilt is not all it's cracked up to be.

Have a look at www.autopoint.co.nz

Retail sticker prices through dealers between $10-20k. Obviously selling your car you get less than what a dealer sells it for.

Good luck.

Well my dad's a dealer, so if I were to sell it, it'd be sold on a yard.

When I was selling my Impreza, I had it on Trademe for $8K, lowkms, late model, etc, no one wanted it.

Dad put it on the dealership, it sat there for 2 days and sold for 10K.

After checking the value and all that, I don't think it's worth selling it, but cheers guys.

Edited by Sudo

sell it in parts, ill buy the bonnet

haha awesome....

Being spoilt is not all it's cracked up to be.

at least ya honest

i hate spoilt pricks.

step out in the real world and earn your own way.

my parents offered to pay for most of my sh*t (car, improvements, lots of sh*t) but i tell em nah. gotta wake up one day and earn it yourself.

f**k geting by on someone elses hardwork.

ill give you three fity.

i hate spoilt pricks.

step out in the real world and earn your own way.

my parents offered to pay for most of my sh*t (car, improvements, lots of sh*t) but i tell em nah. gotta wake up one day and earn it yourself.

f**k geting by on someone elses hardwork.

ill give you three fity.

werd that

dude, keep it, get the rx-7 for free... fund the "campaign" with bank of dad, rock teh mad bosozuku stz on teh track, before you know it you're the next stirling moss, but caning JDM monsters.... :bowdown:

heh :P

ok so you sell your car and buy a race ready 7(or like)

road legal race car??/..hmmm ...possibly

then it gets stolen..LIKELY

wheres your daily driver in all this?

on the right track with getting a job...but have you considered running 2 cars

make your race car "a race car" and not some street racer candy.

.....remembering anything to do with cars and going fast is time and money consuming..and then you have a misshap on the track..more $$ and no car for

x-amount of time.

good luck anyway and keep us all informed of your plans etc.

:thumb:

Forget the seven's. Get yourself into Formula ford or some other open wheeler if you are serious about making a half decent go at it.

Seven's is good fun, but you will NEED open wheeler experience before any prospecting 'team' will look at you seriously.

sorry been off forums for a few days,

keeping the bmw and thinking of doing a school day and some events in Formula Challenge, my dad done that last year and even entered in the tv series. Get some experience in those, hopefully find a job soon and then move onto a different car.

took my bmw for an open road drive on the weekend, and there's no way I can sell this baby :D

Be nice. Don't worry about the envy Sudo.

Keep the 318, it is cheap to run and it has been quite rightly pointed out that you'll need a road car. Don't go buying a 5 or 7 series if you don't want good bills.

Racing is not cheap though. Start karting. Skip Formula Fords and go for the new Mini race class or Formula Toyota. But you'll need deep pockets for these.

Have fun anyway. Karting is my favourite form of speed.