Sign in to follow this  
flake

e30 injectors

would love to hear from the lads who have done this stroker with suggestions on which type of injector to use.

will you get away with using the stardard e30 325i injectors on standard ecu map or go towards bigger m30 or m50 injector that are higher flowing and get the ecu flashed/orwhateveryoudo

From e30wiki

Like the 2.7, a 2.8 will need a good custom made ECU chip tailor made with the aid of a clever bloke with a dyno and an emulator. Standard 325i injectors are just about good enough. If you find they aren’t quite flowing enough, think about using the next injector up, the 0280 150 714 from the E34 530i and 535i. In most cases, the 325i injector does the job though.

We gonna use m30 ones on our build, so I guess you use those if you wanna keep up with the red beast ;)

Mine appear to be e36 injectors(328) but who knows with the build we're working with lolzzzzz

Speaking to Graham Clyde..he is insistent about the need to remap-- woohoo Gavin here we come again

I'd love to know a comparison between a dyno + remap vs Miller MAF + WAR chip with a 2.8 map put on it. Prices are similar...with the addition of getting rid of the barn door AFM I am leaning to the latter

I built a 2.7 last year with E36 320 injectors...they are slightly higher flow than E30 325 with better spray pattern with the 4 pintles and worked well. Also tried some 19lb yellow mustang injectors off ebay and they worked good too..but to get power out of strokers you got to upgrade the cam, dial in, then remap

Building a 2.8 soon based around a near new 288 schrick I managed to procure..

Edited by Deano

Guest Ari Gold

I'd love to know a comparison between a dyno + remap vs Miller MAF + WAR chip with a 2.8 map put on it. Prices are similar...with the addition of getting rid of the barn door AFM I am leaning to the latter

Really?

Custom tune all day long.

Really?

Custom tune all day long.

WAR chip is tuneable, you dont just load pre made base maps.

Guest Ari Gold

WAR chip is tuneable, you dont just load pre made base maps.

Ah my mistake.

How is tuning done? Laptop while on the road?

would love to hear from the lads who have done this stroker with suggestions on which type of injector to use.

will you get away with using the stardard e30 325i injectors on standard ecu map or go towards bigger m30 or m50 injector that are higher flowing and get the ecu flashed/orwhateveryoudo

I can drop off some E36 325i injectors to Ian tomorrow, these will at least get you underway, or i have some standard E30 325, but i am picking you will have some anyway. I used the standard injectors on my 2.7motor until this year but the car did run lean...

Ah my mistake.

How is tuning done? Laptop while on the road?

Yeah laptop, can adjust fuel and timing maps and a bit more iirc. But its quite dumbed down so its easy to use.

You could do it on road or dyno, but you really need a dyno to get the best gains - just like any tune.