Sign in to follow this  
heathcliff

New E21 owner

hey bimmersporters,

been lurking for a fair while, but i'm finally starting to participate. bought an e21 a month back, slowly tweaking it as the finances allow. i've previously owned an e30, and still own an e36 which my partner now drives.

the e21 is super straight, one owner it's entire life before i bought it off what i think was her grandson. it's a 1983 316 1.8. Produced in May, which was the last month these were ever produced. Basaltblau exterior and pacificblau interior. About 155,000 miles on the clock, which is fairly moderate for her age. Heaps more plans for her, and i'll keep posting as things develop.

Cheers.

Heath.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That must be one of the tidiest E21's in the country ! Very nice

Edited by Neal

I very nerly bought this car. Glad its gone to a good home.

Welcome. Very nice car. :) What are your plans? As it is in the condition it is I hope you will do it justice:-

hey guys, i appreciate the feedback, cheers. the interior is just as tidy - could definitely do with a good vacuum, but i'll get there soon. no major plans apart from the lowering springs and bbs, which i've already done. thinking of adding central locking and alarm, sound system overhaul and at some stage urethane bushes. minor stuff like updating the roundels, adding a cupholder etc are all underway already.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice car

Edited by KillerX

Looks good. Great hear on subtle mods/updates. Each to their own but would be a real shame to see a car like this bastardised. It is what it is & at this age/condition - it is arguably more collectable as it is.

Beautiful car.

I agree that it would be a good idea to leave it mostly how you have it now. I have been down the same track with my now ex- E30 and realised that I needed to stop as cars like these will never be a manual 330i. I was happy in the end that these cars have features and likeable things that the 330 will never have.