Sign in to follow this  
lj222

New Member!

Good afternoon, all!

I will post a picture of my pride and joy; a 2002 525i Msport, but only when it stops raining!

I bought it 2 weeks ago, and overall, I'm delighted with it; there are some issues I'd like to discuss with those with more experience than I (so that'll be everyone, then.) but I'd like to say hi 1st!

My car is a Japnese import, and some of the questions I have relate to that, but my first question is this:

On hard acceleration, say, when overtaking, there seems to be a bit of a "flat spot" in the power at about 2k revs. Is this likely to be a VANOS issue (as the car has done over 100k km)? The initial inspection and service found nothing wrong, but it wasn't put on a dyno. It's not a serious issue as, once 3k revs are reached, it delights in revving sweetly all the way to the red line.

And my second question. Is the washer bottle really tiny (like 500ml) or is my sensor playing up?

Many thanks, I look forward to more discussion and shall now go and read everyone's posts!

All the best!

Dentalfarmer

Think the washer bottle is 4.6l?

Have a read of this.. Since yours is most likely in Japanese.

http://www.bmwtips.com/OwnersManuals/manuals.htm

Can't give advice on the flat spot as it could be a million things, I'd try going through the basic steps that make an engine work first

Air

Fuel

Spark

Also you should edit your settings and put what city you're in..

Makes life easier.

Don't think you're on Auckland as its a damn fine day outside!

Edited by shaneg

Don't think you're on Auckland as its a damn fine day outside!

I'm right in between you both! It raining on and off here :lol:

I have the same engine and I have a slight flat spot too, but it's just a slight hesitation at about 2 k, then pulls like a train. I was planning on doing the Vanos seals at some stage (just due to age), but it sounds like it might be related???

I'll watch with interest!