Sign in to follow this  
nipe

EOI: HID kits

Would these work in a normal E39 fogs or do they have the be projector style bulbs in the fogs to be able to fit HIDS there too?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Also how would this affect the LCM in E39s? Is it likely to screw anything up?

Sorry I didn't understand your first question? By LCM I assume you mean the warning for the lights? If so then yes, they will throw the warning because HID consumes less power, but I can solve it for people with warnings for a little bit extra.:) Edited by nipe

Sorry i was a bit unclear. What i meant is, could I put HID's into my front fog lights as they are not projector style housings....? I wouldn't like to have nice coloured HID's in the main beam then ugly yellow light coming from the fogs. Id like to have HID's in both but unsure whether the housings for the fogs will allow HID's to be installed.....

I keep both main and fogs on when driving day and night as so many of the drivers here in Wellington just dont use their eyes. Having them on seems to have brought down the amount of daily near misses with these muppets!

Sorry I didn't understand your first question? By LCM I assume you mean the warning for the lights? If so then yes, they will throw the warning because HID consumes less power, but I can solve it for people with warnings for a little bit extra.:)

Sorry I didn't understand your first question? By LCM I assume you mean the warning for the lights? If so then yes, they will throw the warning because HID consumes less power, but I can solve it for people with warnings for a little bit extra.:)

throwing a resistor inline? well that depends on how much you charge for it :)

Sorry i was a bit unclear. What i meant is, could I put HID's into my front fog lights as they are not projector style housings....? I wouldn't like to have nice coloured HID's in the main beam then ugly yellow light coming from the fogs. Id like to have HID's in both but unsure whether the housings for the fogs will allow HID's to be installed.....

I keep both main and fogs on when driving day and night as so many of the drivers here in Wellington just dont use their eyes. Having them on seems to have brought down the amount of daily near misses with these muppets!

Yes they will fit fine and be 6000k color (very very very light blue white)

throwing a resistor inline? well that depends on how much you charge for it smile.gif

Yep, couple ceramic ones one on each side, will have to look into the cost, but I'm sure I can do it within $20-25 mark, depending on resistors (2x10w would be cheaper than one 20w)

So.... Darren... You getting 2 sets? One for main beam, the other for fogs? We should join forces one weekend and wire them up!

Yes they will fit fine and be 6000k color (very very very light blue white)

Yep, couple ceramic ones one on each side, will have to look into the cost, but I'm sure I can do it within $20-25 mark, depending on resistors (2x10w would be cheaper than one 20w)

Ok, I can get the HB4 no prob, just sorting out the shipping options. Can do air (more expensive, but faster or sea, slower but cheap) How soon you guys want your HB4s?

P.S. None of you are keen for any kits yet?

How much postage to auckland 0610 for H1?

Postage will be $10. Thanks

So.... Darren... You getting 2 sets? One for main beam, the other for fogs? We should join forces one weekend and wire them up!

No just thinking of some for the fogs as I already have OEM xenons that work well.

It would be nice to get the fogs to match the other lights.

I would still like to see some pictures of them first.

No just thinking of some for the fogs as I already have OEM xenons that work well.

It would be nice to get the fogs to match the other lights.

I would still like to see some pictures of them first.

Pictures of them in the box? Or them working on the car?

Pictures of them in the box? Or them working on the car?

both if possible please?

both if possible please?

Will get the picture of the kit in the box tomorrow, and will throw it on my 5 for a pic if I got time tomorrow too:)

perfect. many thanks.

Sorry to be difficult. I just don't like purchasing anything without some idea about what i'm getting into.

perfect. many thanks.

Sorry to be difficult. I just don't like purchasing anything without some idea about what i'm getting into.

No prob:)

All right, there is the photo of the kit:

Posted Image

And here is the photo on the car, HID on the right. Sorry about the pic, it was very hard to get the pic of lights on in daylight and show what it looks like properly...but here it is anyway:

Posted Image

and they are plug n play?

lurvvly ;)

let me know when the HB4's come in.

and they are plug n play?

lurvvly ;)

let me know when the HB4's come in.

I haven't put one in e39, but so far all cars were plug and play:)

So who is actually taking a set? I need to confirm the numbers, a few people said they were keen, but I didn't get any pm's or anything.