Sign in to follow this  
nipe

EOI: HID kits

Ok where do I start...I got a few kits for myself first to make sure the supplier is ok. Then I got more to sell to my mates and for my other car to put on, again, to check the supplier. Now, it all proved to be ok so now I feel confident enough to offer you, dear bimmersporters, HID kits that are in my opinion good quality and not badly priced, can also do group buy with cheaper kits. Currently got a few H1 kits sitting and waiting for new owners plus got some other type kits. At the moment $75 per kit seems to be a fair price to you guys. Please feel free to comment on price and ask questions, I guess things will be clarified more as we progress with this thread. Thanks for your attention!:)

Everybody would have to check their headlight bulb type themselves to make sure it will fit, from experience facelift e30 low beam is H1 and foglights are H3. E34 uses H1 for low beam too (I'm 99% sure) The rest I'm not too sure, e32 I would assume is like e34:)

Keen, illegal on non-projector headlights like though on E30s I thought?

Yeah I guess it is illegal on non xenon headlights, but oh well we all know not to use them on the road, don't we? ;)

Are you keen for a set now or for a group buy?

Ok where do I start...I got a few kits for myself first to make sure the supplier is ok. Then I got more to sell to my mates and for my other car to put on, again, to check the supplier. Now, it all proved to be ok so now I feel confident enough to offer you, dear bimmersporters, HID kits that are in my opinion good quality and not badly priced, can also do group buy with cheaper kits. Currently got a few H1 kits sitting and waiting for new owners plus got some other type kits. At the moment $75 per kit seems to be a fair price to you guys. Please feel free to comment on price and ask questions, I guess things will be clarified more as we progress with this thread. Thanks for your attention!:)

Could you put up some pics and give us some more info? There are a few kits out there, and this would at least give us a chance to compare. Price sounds good though, and whats postage going to be like?

Cheers.

I'd be interested in a HB4 for my foglamps.

these are direct replacement HID kit's? do you have any links / pics or more info?

I may also be keen.

Does the kit include boh low & high beam or just one?

And whats the brand?

Ill take a set now. Will PM details

Ok guys haha did not expect that many replies so fast so will try to answer in one post. Guys who ask if I have a set please specify what light bulb type you require. HB4 as I suspect doesn't equal H4 does it? If you need high and low beam you need 2 kits unfortunately. Guys who want more info and pics of kits: they are all same looking HID kits out there, unless you looking for something specific, let me know..

EDIT: by the looks of it HB4 = 9006? If that's the case I got none in stock at the moment, but certainly can get them.

wouldn't mind H3.

I've heard through the grapevine HID retrofits aren't ideal for Highbeams, as the beam throw isn't that good.

Edited by antil33t

I think the reason HID kits aren't suggested for high beams is the fact that the bulbs don't deal well with being used in short periods. (ie flashing high beams or using them for 5 - 10 secs)

wouldn't mind H3.

I've heard through the grapevine HID retrofits aren't ideal for Highbeams, as the beam throw isn't that good.

My halogen high beams just beat my low beam HID by a fraction:) And I noticed HID's are a lot nicer in the fog (low beams). By the way the kits I have are all 6000k.

It depends on the actual light housing, usuall needs a hole drilled in the plastic cover, it comes with rubber grommet that seals very well. I installed the kit on my car (low and fogs) and another guys car personally and it takes about an hour to install if you do everything nice and careful (I like things done right).

I sent an inquiry about HB4's. So guys who are keen for HB4 might have to wait a liiiitle bit longer. Thanks

so no wiring required? is there a ballast or anything like that?

Yeah there is the ballasts (1 per bulb), but everything plugs into the factory wiring. Since they are 35w instead of normal halogen 55w (less consumption) the wiring is perfectly fine to use with HIDs. Some people put relays and heavier wiring and all that in, but I don't see the point in it.

Would these work in a normal E39 fogs or do they have the be projector style bulbs in the fogs to be able to fit HIDS there too?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Also how would this affect the LCM in E39s? Is it likely to screw anything up?

so no wiring required? is there a ballast or anything like that?

Do these kits come in the metal cases like the kits on TM or just in a small cardboard box? And I assume they include install instructions?

Does anybody have them in their E30 that they could show a photo of what it looks like under the hood (around the lights) after installation?

They probably look like a box with wires coming out of them...

Tonnes of HID install guides on the wider Internet.

I got mine out of e30 at the moment, but my ballasts are just cable tied to the middle of the headlight housing, in between the low and high beam that is. It is a nice place for them because they are covered by those factory plastic covers so you don't even see them.