Sign in to follow this  
AzonicNick

e30 diff

What is a fair price to pay for a nice e30 diff? Don't want a LSD but mine is apparently in need of replacement so I'm trying to get ideas as to how much one is worth..

Not sure on the ratio but it's a 318i 89 M40.

Cheers!

200-300 tops.

Actually if you shop around you can probably improve on that too

Edited by 1rotty

Nick... you will need to know if its small or medium case and the ratio. To get the right price. The 4.10's are a premium with the series cars.

Cheers Mark and Glenn. It is appreciated!

I am having the mechanic who is giving it a service at the moment take a look at it but I just want to see how much is a fair price. Knowing that they are more money here in Aus! But i'll be back in NZ for a few weeks so trying to keep my options open

Is your diff making noises? Mine was so I drained it and refilled then noise was gone, been sweet for lasy 10000ks (car is same as yours, 318i FL but its '88) its also a 4.10 diff. Yours most probably is too.

Is your diff making noises? Mine was so I drained it and refilled then noise was gone, been sweet for lasy 10000ks (car is same as yours, 318i FL but its '88) its also a 4.10 diff. Yours most probably is too.

Yea it feels fine but over about 60km you can hear it whine.. I might give that a go or at least mention it to the mechanic.

Cheers dude!