Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Pre FL, FL ecu diffs

will my Pre FL plug into the FL loom i have? i want my 6800 rpm red line back....

if this doesnt work, i can imagine i can just change the chip?? took it out last nite for a look, can tell brand just says BMW 325i 6800 RPM on it, which is prob all it does.

is there anyway to reprogram chips yourself?

also im gonna be putting my PRe FL engine into FL, can i presume the wiring loom all plugs in sweet?

cheers

will my Pre FL plug into the FL loom i have? i want my 6800 rpm red line back....

if this doesnt work, i can imagine i can just change the chip?? took it out last nite for a look, can tell brand just says BMW 325i 6800 RPM on it, which is prob all it does.

also im gonna be putting my PRe FL engine into FL, can i presume the wiring loom all plugs in sweet?

cheers

Just get the zone chip to go with the FL ECU, at $145 it's cheap and then at least then you can have a 6800 or 7000 limit depending on the chip choice plus some advanced timing

cheers

Yes you can reporgram chips yourself.

With your chip you just need the software for the computer and a eprom burner.

With the right software you copy the base software in and adjust and tune it to suit.

I can offer that service for you if you want. Gimmi your chip and tell me what you want done and i can get it done for you. $50 inc sending it back to you.

how specific would i have to be in knowing what i want done? a little more ignition timing sorta thing...would it not need to be done where it can be tested?

how much would an eprom burner be? would be a bit of fun...maybe dangerous fun but its all good

how specific would i have to be in knowing what i want done? a little more ignition timing sorta thing...would it not need to be done where it can be tested?

how much would an eprom burner be? would be a bit of fun...maybe dangerous fun but its all good

I'll talk to the guy that does the performance chips for us and see what exact can be done and need from you to do it ...

And an eprom burner is around $120 ... Then there is the software costs .. etc ... but i'm sure you could find a free version somewhere ...

Guest Andrew

we can do it also with the motronic editing software -

the maps are fairly complex from what i've played with - load vs timing vs rpm and stuff.

redline is an easy setting - timing increase obviously needs more fuel also. Would really want to do it on a dyno for optimal tuning.

cheers

Just use all the wiring that is on your PreFL engine. It is much easier to disconnect the ECU and the round plug on the firewall, then pull all the engine wiring out with the engine than it is to go around the whole engine disconnecting and reconnecting every plug.

Guest Andrew

cheers

Just use all the wiring that is on your PreFL engine. It is much easier to disconnect the ECU and the round plug on the firewall, then pull all the engine wiring out with the engine than it is to go around the whole engine disconnecting and reconnecting every plug.
that was the idea -

I think he means does the Motronic ECU Loom -> Motor Loom Plug from facelift match the ECU -> motor loom plug from pre f/l

cheers

that was the idea -

I think he means does the Motronic ECU Loom -> Motor Loom Plug from facelift match the ECU -> motor loom plug from pre f/l

The ECU plug is part of the engine bay loom, not the car loom. The ECU plug and ECU should all stay with the engine, not the car!!