Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

E28 For sale

hi Y'all I can't even give away this car.. 've had it in storage for 5 years and coulda bought a new one the money i spent holding it.

It's got a good body. touch of rust in the bottom of one door, nothing major.

I blew the head on it, and since I was gunner keep it i had it fixed, it's been x rayed, welded, straightened, and milled for that extra bit of compression, the bottom end's still good and the motor back in the car and ready to go.

It's gunner need a radiator, $500 new, anna battery.

It's a 520i and is badged as an M520i,

It's a South African build and they were known for throwing out odd models, I'm not talking it up, it's not a M5. but it's got a sports pack, spoiler, spots, sunroof recaro seats etc. Think of an e39 540i sports, they have an M badge, similar thing I guess, I've never taken the time to look it up. i didn't know much about them 7 years ago...

It's in Invercargill, in a sea container.

I could just dump it, but that'd be a hell of a waste, My loss is your gain!

I've got a mate back home has keys to the container, but come with a trailer, we're not opening up for tyre kickers!

I'll upload photo's when I get home, can't do it from here! Look up my previous adverts, This is the 3rd time I've listed this...http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27298

Edited by BlowMyWhistle

keen,couple of pics-when your ready

...otherwise Foxy would have snapped it up long before now :D !!

Auto or manual?

Don't suppose you would know much to get it up to Chch?

Instead of giving it away for free couldn't you get $150 for it from a wreckers or scrap metal?

hi Y'all I can't even give away this car.. 've had it in storage for 5 years and coulda bought a new one the money i spent holding it.

It's got a good body. touch of rust in the bottom of one door, nothing major.

I blew the head on it, and since I was gunner keep it i had it fixed, it's been x rayed, welded, straightened, and milled for that extra bit of compression, the bottom end's still good and the motor back in the car and ready to go.

It's gunner need a radiator, $500 new, anna battery.

It's a 520i and is badged as an M520i,

It's a South African build and they were known for throwing out odd models, I'm not talking it up, it's not a M5. but it's got a sports pack, spoiler, spots, sunroof recaro seats etc. Think of an e39 540i sports, they have an M badge, similar thing I guess, I've never taken the time to look it up. i didn't know much about them 7 years ago...

It's in Invercargill, in a sea container.

I could just dump it, but that'd be a hell of a waste, My loss is your gain!

I've got a mate back home has keys to the container, but come with a trailer, we're not opening up for tyre kickers!

I'll upload photo's when I get home, can't do it from here! Look up my previous adverts, This is the 3rd time I've listed this...http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=27298

If someone was to bring a radiator could it be driven away?, the engine is in the car?

Yeah the motor's still in it. needs a radiator, the motors been out of it, new frost plugs. Has never been started.

I'd take sum tools, it mite need a bit of TLC, it's been sitting a few years, it was prepped for storage and it's in a sea container.

And Christchurch aint that far, I've driven there and back in a night! Wouldn't be so hard to trailer it up there.

And I could have scrapped it years ago, but I spent 2 much $ on it to just dump it, better to find a good home for it!

If someone was to bring a radiator could it be driven away?, the engine is in the car?

Try jeffs.co.nz had a car moved from dunedin to queenstown for 250 I think..

Think you can do an estimate I the website.

They do weekly trips between town centres.

You'd have to come down and pull it out the container yourselves, don't expect my mate to do that for me!

You'd have to come down and pull it out the container yourselves, don't expect my mate to do that for me!

I'm going to Invercargill in about a week if anyone wants it.

No car trailer, no car with towbar... can rope tow.. nowhere to store it.

Pretty sure it's auto.