Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Warnings about cheap tyres from BMWNZ

I don't usually do this, but I actually find it astonishing that the official BMW importer in NZ would be doing this - it is in my opinion gross recklessness if not borderline dangerous that they are selling these tyres to the general public (albeit at a significant discount), but this is the third time I've been offered this particular set of tyres for the CSL and I just want to put a warning out to people so they know the inherent risks if they so chose to buy these VERY OLD Michelin Pilot Sport Cups.

These tyres are manufactured in 2002 - yes nearly 10 years ago. All tyres regardless of make and type have a general shelf life of between 6 to 7 years before the risk of delamination becomes a REAL risk (yes, blowouts at high speeds). Even if the tyres have been properly stored the natural breakdown of rubber is very real.

Granted that these tyres are cheap as chips ... but buy and run them at your own risk.

Check the tyre age before you commit to buying some of these clear out deals ... I did and was very shocked to hear how old they were!!!

They have laws in the states about these ...unfortunately not in NZ.

near the end of the video.

"she sued the manufacturer of the tires and her car"

gg America.