Sign in to follow this  
RvT

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Options

Sorry, forgot to mention ... I have a s1000rr in Acid Green in the stable already ... lol ...

Ha ha , no pleasing some people eh :lol:

What about going lower power / rewarding to drive like an Lotus Exige or the superchagred versions to hold you over. Not a lot of them in NZ so seem to hold s/h values. That of course you haven't already got one sitting in the corner of the garage :P

What about a Porsche 997 GT3, preferably with the Clubsport option!

Ha ha , no pleasing some people eh :lol:

What about going lower power / rewarding to drive like an Lotus Exige or the supercharged versions to hold you over. Not a lot of them in NZ so seem to hold s/h values. That of course you haven't already got one sitting in the corner of the garage :P

Just checked the garage and no Lotus hiding there unless the kids Scaletric set counts... Interesting thought though ...

FYI. I have covered about 300km so far on the s1000rr and the power is very satisfying to say the least. It is, unfortunately, a very uncomfortable bike to ride as I feel like an elephant jockey and my legs get sore from the riding position within 10 minutes or it may be because I am getting older. The jury is out whether I will hold onto it but I am enjoying the mind blowing power.

Thanks for the M3 opinions guys. I thought only the M5s were thirsty and didn't know the M3 drinks like a fish too. I am quickly getting up to speed on the gearboxs and the combos out there. If I elect to go the M3, I will PM you for some advise as like the M5, you become an expert on the vehicle once you have owned one.

The GT3 vs Turbo debate is interesting and while I know little about which is better or worse, the Turbo seems more likely to sell as it appeals to more people than the GT3 ???

One thing I and obviously others have learnt, is that cars selling in the $60k to $80k take longer to sell. Probably compounded by the fact, private sellers can't offer trade-ins and how many people have that much cash lying around in their bank accounts ... I have the wife's current shape Allroad on Trademe for 4 months now and not one single inquiry even though it is the cheapest one in the marketplace. It is a fantastic car but there is no demand out there ...

Anyway, appreciate all the feedback and thoughts so far :)

I find with bike your body needs to adapt to the riding position which can take a few days in a row. I found that after 9000 km of adventure bike riding through Argentina a couple of years I had real issues with getting back on my Ducati with it's head down bum up riding position. It took a series of good long rides to sort it before it became ok again. Same if I don't ride it for a few months , shoulders / neck take a hammering for a while. Perhaps make a point of riding it to work over a week and then go for longer rides on weekend to develop riding fitness. Would seem a shame to sell the S1000rr without giving it a real good go.

+ 1 to Neal, the RR is a stonking bike, stupidly quick!

If an R8 is in your realms and you are after a weekend toy, then get the job done and post up the pics.

& yes with the staff having the old green eyed monster.