Sign in to follow this  
lightshine

calibre pads for an e30?

Calibre are pretty crap but are you going to get more utility out of better ones over the next six months?

I put cheap pads in my E30 as a quick fix to get it re-complied...never swapped them out...never had any problems with them either to be honest, theyve ALWAYS pulled me up aswell as e30 brakes can lol

Edited by HT.

Genuine is still good value for money, price them up you might be suprised. Otherwise failing that give Gavin a call at Euro Italian on the Shore. He will give you honest advice and be able to offer you a couple of options and with a bimmersport discount would be a far better option than buying cheap pads like Trestor, Silverline, Calibre.

I can vouch for substantially shorter than OEM lifespan on the trestor pads from BNT.

what is the correct part number for the rear pads of a 1991 e30 320i

in the bendix catalogue it says

320 series 1985-1991 320i (e30) i, is Front: db1130 Rear:db1245

in the bosch catalogue it says

320i e30 sep 82 - dec 91 front: db1130 rear: db296

So is it db1245 or db296? or does each brake manufacturer have their own part number all the ones at superchead seem to be db xxxx something

Just go with whatever the part number from the appropriate supplier is. There is only one version rear pad used though E30's