Sign in to follow this  
NZLSAF

E39 Angel Eyes, HID's, or Adjuster Fix.

ok, same old problem many will have had, my headlght adjustor on my drivers side has broken :'(

so, what to do, fix, or upgrade.

Ideally id want to upgrade to the facelift angel eyes with a HID kit, to properly upgrade and pimp my lights as it were.

Secondly id want to just go angel eyes non hid

or finally to fix my existing ones and stick with standard projectors.

My question, is where and as what price can i source any of the above, i have received conflicting messages about the possibility of simply replacing the broken adjustor in the light.

thanks in advance

non HID facelift angle eye lights are about $600 each from BMW if i recall correctly.

the newer lights also have the adjuster issue so be careful when buying second hand.

from what i gather it is much easier to replace adjusters in the old lights because you can open them up relatively easy. but with the newer facelift ones they are "factory sealed" which requires to to basically put them in the oven (or use some form of heat) to melt the glue so that you can get into them.

Their is a pair for sale on trademe for $650 or ask Ray at Hellbm he maybe able to help you out. The adjuster are a plastic material and become brittle with age. It is a time consuming job to strip the headlights and cook them to soften the sealant material so you can open them, for the later headlights but not difficult to undertake. Have an idea of what you want your lights to look like as their are a number of different combinations in the lights for the e39's.

I told you yesterday I could get it fixed for you. I tried calling my repairer to see if he would supply the adjusters for you if you want to try to do it yourself, he's still on holiday.... would you rather I didn't bother ?.. you never Pm'd or emailed me your contact details.

Hi there Glen,

Thanks for the update, as per my message i was looking to find the availability of some angel eye sets an or HID kits, i did not PM you prior as i wanted to look into these options.

Will pm now but am still looking for an angel eye / angel eye HID / HID setup if they are around.