Sign in to follow this  
tonylauno1

Goodyear F1 GSD3 - made in China

Has anyone been able to compare the GSD3 made in China vs Germany ?

The ones selling on trademe 245/40/17 $189 are made in China, wondered if they were the same as the ones made in Germany?

Edited by tonylauno1

Every tire person I've talk to says they aren't the same quality and don't balance well.

Avoid and stick to the Japanese or German made sports tires.

I have them in my car now. I can't compare to those made in other countries, while mine are good handling and sticky, but they are NOISY!

Ths GSD3 has been made in China for the last 3 years. It has actually been discontinued now hence the run out price that you have seen.

V8E36 - I am not sure how many people "every tirwe person" is but we have had no issues with them. We have just sold out of a bulk lot and they balanced fine. Maybe we jsut have a better balancing machine - :D

V8E36 - I am not sure how many people "every tirwe person" is but we have had no issues with them. We have just sold out of a bulk lot and they balanced fine. Maybe we jsut have a better balancing machine - :D

Well I've been told this by 3 different tyre guys I've used in the past couple of years. Further more, reviews on the internet also suggest they aren't as good as the German made ones, so yeah.

Well I've been told this by 3 different tyre guys I've used in the past couple of years. Further more, reviews on the internet also suggest they aren't as good as the German made ones, so yeah.

I have two Australian made and two China made on my car at the moment the only difference I've noticed between the two is faster wear.

Got myself some Michelin PS3 for not much more money than these China made Goodyear F1. Comfortable, quiet, great in wet and still retains the sportiness and precision.

Both are rubbish, the German is the lesser of the two evils.

If you must buy GY, the Asymmetrical 2 is better than the old GS-D3 in every way.