Sign in to follow this  
yo_clarkie

Coding a BMW - HELP!

Anyone in AKL know how to do this and will to have a go in exchange for Beer/Gin/Burbon???

I have a E53 X5 and have a Euro TCU that MAY work, but first I need to delete the BitII from the vehicle code and add the TCU. Then hopefully I can see it and instigate pairing over Bluetooth. The Euro TCU is part of of a SA633 phone option that usually includes a BMW supplied bluetooth phone in the console.

If keen please PM me and name your price ;) Cheers

Anyone in AKL know how to do this and will to have a go in exchange for Beer/Gin/Burbon???

I have a E53 X5 and have a Euro TCU that MAY work, but first I need to delete the BitII from the vehicle code and add the TCU. Then hopefully I can see it and instigate pairing over Bluetooth. The Euro TCU is part of of a SA633 phone option that usually includes a BMW supplied bluetooth phone in the console.

If keen please PM me and name your price ;) Cheers

It all works WITHOUT coding

Disconnect the BITII

Connect the TCU

And voila, it works

Coding helps because

a) it updates the vehicle inventory list, so that a future diagnostic session knows what is fitted

B) it sets the TCU to your car (programms VIN number, various other options)

NOTE: coding with a BMW diagnostic tool only works if you have the vehicle set to EURO mode (for NZ use). An ex.-Japanese vehicle + TCU is (for the BMW diagnostic software) and unknown combination

If the vehicle is ex-Japan, I can give you tips to get it all going

It all works WITHOUT coding

Disconnect the BITII

Connect the TCU

And voila, it works

Coding helps because

a) it updates the vehicle inventory list, so that a future diagnostic session knows what is fitted

B) it sets the TCU to your car (programms VIN number, various other options)

NOTE: coding with a BMW diagnostic tool only works if you have the vehicle set to EURO mode (for NZ use). An ex.-Japanese vehicle + TCU is (for the BMW diagnostic software) and unknown combination

If the vehicle is ex-Japan, I can give you tips to get it all going

The BIT II and TCU wiring are quite different, however re-pinned the plug to suit. A bit of web surfing and a lot of looking at WDS got it going to the point I am at now. SO, not plug and play big boy.

No way it works with a Euro TCU at that point. I have been trying for months. I have added the SA633 option to the vehicle order with DIS and can now see it with INPA and it says Bluetooth is on. Prior to that I coundn't really see much with INPA. I can also see it with NavCoder and change the VIN number of the unit. On the 16:9 display it shows up as a telephone but just says "Please wait" I cannot see it with my iPhone to pair with it. Car is EURO and NZ new.

NavCoder doesn't kick it into pairing mode, and I am struggling to figure out how to do this last step. It could be broken I guess... You really find the Euro TCU plug and play?

Any thoughts, or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Any luck mate?

Ive just completed the same process and I have a "Please Wait" message as well.

I have added and coded the TCU via Progman V34 and it was successful. But presently all im getting is a flashing red light on my MID and the please wait message when I press the R/T button.

I can see the TCU and have the ability to change its option with NCS expert and INPA.

Im going to have a bit more of a play in the next few days and will let you know how I get on.

Help, I have retrofitted my TCU in an E39, but am getting a "Please Wait" message on the MID.

Using Navcoder I can see that the TCU is coded correctly, it has the correct vin, bluetooth is enabled and other settings look good.

There is still the red flashing light on the MID. However when I put in a New Zealand Sim car into the TCU (By opening it up) The red light no longer flashes. However the please wait message still remains.

I removed the NZ Sim as it made no difference and the flashing red light returned. If I remove the Sony Module from inside the TCU (Modcule which the Sim car is insterted and the GSM antena is connected) the red light will stay solid.

I coded the TCU with SSS Progman V32. It codes successfully and I have attempted to recode several times.

HOWEVER: When I first installed the TCU it had the message Activate phone, however I would not detect the bluetoothsignal. I was advised that I should code the TCU to the car. Which I did. Ever since it has said "Please Wait".

I attempted to download an use the V38 SP-Daten files for SSS Progman, however I cannot select the TCU to code so I reverted back to the V32 files to try again.

I then also tred to recode using disv44, this again was successful but didnt change the please wait problem.

INPA can see the TCU, I can change settings. But all I get is "Please Wait"

The are no errors in memory.

Part number 84 10 9129850

HELP!

I too had one of those TCU's and had the same issue.

"please wait" msg.

I thought it may be a compatibility issue between the bluetooth phone.. but seeing other people with the same issue i did some digging but never found anything conclusive..

What i suspect thou is:

(as Yo-Clarkie pointed out)

certain TCU's and including yours (option SA638 & SA633) have a bluetooth handset and eject box combination. In this setup there is also a sim card slot in the eject box. I suspect the TCU won't respond /operate normally without this eject box connected.

unfortunately i don't have that particular TCU anymore plus i didn't have the eject box for it either. It would be nice if someone had one of those eject boxes to check ...

Jochen may have thoughts on this....??

Dean

interesting,

although if it was looking for an eject box I would think that there would be an error code?

I am more inclined to think that it is something to do with the software.

When I first finished my wiring but before i received my BT antenna I plugged in the TCU and the message "Activate Phone" appeared. After trying to "jimmy" up an antenna and getting no signal luck I retrofitted the TCU using Progman V32. Only since then has the message of "Please wait" shown.

I wonder if when loading software in progman that I downgraded the TCU firmware or some code in the TCU??

This could be an explanation?

I am going to see if I can get a newer version of the SP-Daten files for the E39 and try again.

Car is not here at the moment its getting a bumper resprayed, but when its back ill note the software version details on the TCU itself and see if that holds some sort of clue?

Any other ideas welcome.

Tim

Please Wait means looking for a BT phone and trying to start the pairing process.... happens a lot