Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

e30 output flanges

Ok so I have a g260, turns out the driveshaft I got has a different output flange on it.

I thought id be able to take the one off the old m10s g240 and put it on, but the g240 output shaft is at least half the size of the g260s.

What is going on? how can I solve this problem, preferably without pulling the engine to swap the damn gearbox, this thing is really starting to do my head in now :(

Edited by Ven

I can't completely understand your post, but if it helps there are two different 3-bolt output flanges fitted to 260s. I discovered this when I acquired a 260 from a 535 that had the larger flange that did not mate to my 325i drive shaft. From what I remember the two flanges were easy to swap.

Edited my retarded angry post sorry, should be more readable now. Here is a photo of the larger one (g260) and the smaller one (G240). Note the size difference between the actual hole for the output shaft is completely different...

or not, i cant seem to attach photos anymore, it just has a fit about it...

I can't completely understand your post, but if it helps there are two different 3-bolt output flanges fitted to 260s. I discovered this when I acquired a 260 from a 535 that had the larger flange that did not mate to my 325i drive shaft. From what I remember the two flanges were easy to swap.

How did you swap them??

would love to know as i have the same problem now :(