Sign in to follow this  
m325i

BMW on TV

Was that sact out primer e30 on Motorway Patrol anyones one here?

You Rangi c*nts. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pretty sure that was my mates old E30, that has been sold. He thrashed the pants off it (the bastard), cut the springs so low it scrapped on corners, rear bumper fell off at one stage, he neglected to stop and pick it up off the side of the motorway @ 11pm at night.

Edited by E30stz

It was a shocker. Did ya see the car that guy appeared in last time? 'Paint sideskirts' hahah

It was a shocker all right. Did you hear the cop saying "That heap of junk"

<_<

Guest Andrew

agreed - 80% of e30s on the road are begging to be parted out they are so crappy.

agreed - 80% of e30s on the road are begging to be parted out they are so crappy.

80% at a min

I would say between 80 to 95% my self

the nice ones are good cars, just too old now & too many Jap import ones that most wernt that good even when they were imported.

Also lots of people buy them & dont really look after them as theyshould ( ie people who have never seen a service book & only get the car looked at if something goes wrong!! trust me , there are plenty & I mean plenty of E30,s that havent even had oil changes in years!!!

yes YEARS this also helps in there demise

coolent & brake fluids chould be changed every two years too, how many e30s get this done!!

Edited by vonripsnorter

Guest Andrew

80% at a min

the nice ones are good cars, just too old now & too many Jap import ones that most wernt that good even when they were imported.

Also lots of people buy them & dont really look after them as theyshould ( ie people who have never seen a service book & only get the car looked at if something goes wrong!! trust me , there are plenty & I mean plenty of E30,s that havent even had oil changes in years!!!

coolent & brake fluids chould be changed every two years too, how many e30s get this done!!

well the majority of e30s on here probably see fluid changes .. and some of them so much stuff has been replaced they are virtually new (like mine)

Yes, i'm due for a fuel and oil filter change, just trying to decide which bloody oil grade and brand to use!

Brake fluid needs changing before intermarque aswell, it's gone all hydroscopicaletic on me

Yes, i'm due for a fuel and oil filter change, just trying to decide which bloody oil grade and brand to use!

Brake fluid needs changing before intermarque aswell, it's gone all hydroscopicaletic on me

point in case, if it gets done as often as it should & with quality items, this would not happen

hope you use a genuine filter !! =)

Guest Andrew

point in case, if it gets done as often as it should & with quality items, this would not happen

The brake fluid is cooked every track day regardless what quality it is.

As Andy said...my fluid isn't even a year old

Genuine fuel filters but not fussed on the oil filter. Air filter never gets replaced :D

It was a shocker all right. Did you hear the cop saying "That heap of junk"

<_<

it was a heap of junk sorry
It was indeed, brought shame to the BMW name, that one.

80% at a min

Thanks for that. But i am sure that anyone who would bother to read/join a BMW dedicated forum would have some pride in their e30.

Couldn't you put the majority of sub $10k cars into a catagory of "people buy them & dont really look after them as theyshould" ?

A lot are sh*t, but compare them to other 20 yo cars on the road and i think the hold up pretty well.

DOnt see many (any!) mint Quattros floating round Audi boy.

DOnt see many (any!) mint Quattros floating round Audi boy.

It depends, his may be a new Quattro, in that case it would be mint, as with all new cars.

Thanks for that. But i am sure that anyone who would bother to read/join a BMW dedicated forum would have some pride in their e30.

Dont see many (any!) mint Quattros floating round Audi boy.

Hey sounds like I touched on a sore point with you, not intended

I saw many E30,s come through our work shop every week & I'm sorry, but 90% of them are not nice cars any more but the people who had them tought they were the best thing out, !!

Then we would fail them on a WOF because of worn suspension , leaking shocks . trans leaks etc etc etc, & yes some of these people ARE in the BMW club & do think they look after them, I guess most are just plain worn out!!

As for no nice quattros around, I can see one from where I'm sitting & there are many around!!

as for the OLD UR quattro & some of these date back to 1983, there are some real minters around NZ, infact I bet you have NEVER seen a sad one!!! ( remember I said UR quattro, this is the model that Jeremy Clarkson of "top gear" likes so much, it was even his his top 100 cars of all time!! ) most are owned by real car enthusiasts & tend to be way out of the price range of most so called boy racers (so most arnt trashed)

Dont get me wrong BMW make fine cars, but so do the other German car manufacturers

anyway, if you have a nice E30 you should be proud

Edited by vonripsnorter

I was talking about these. I never see any around.

And new Audi's, well isn't (new) Audi a synonym for understeer? 'cause im pretty sure it is. :lol::lol::lol:

I reckon mine is mint (and fixed now), but my bro has an '85, which is like new.

I stand by my statement:

Couldn't you put the majority of sub $10k cars into a catagory of "people buy them & dont really look after them as theyshould" ?

post-18-1118987979.jpg