Sign in to follow this  
downlow

LSD

Hey guys dont no much about ratios which would be the best to run in my setup, which is alot of power but not as much torque.

your feed back will be appreciated.

cheers matt

most rotary guys run low ratios - quite common to see 4.6:1 and such...

I'd go for a 4.1 - I heard a rumour that you can put a non-lsd crown wheel and pinion onto the lsd centre.... easy ^_^

Hey guys dont no much about ratios which would be the best to run in my setup, which is alot of power but not as much torque.

your feed back will be appreciated.

cheers matt

The diff ratio won't affect power or torque, just your gearing, ie, how fast you accelerate through the gears and what your top speed is going to be.

Don't listen to what others say Matt, you're going to have to make your own judgement using my fabulous spreadsheet :)

PM me your email addy and i'll email you it

Edited by ///Carl

Guest Andrew

i'd go for a short ratio like 4.1 - try get one that when you change from revlimit to the next gear it drops you right in the sweetspot - use Carls spreadsheet - it rules.

will be different than e30's, because of the gearbox.....what does your rotor rev to?

Guest Andrew

will be different than e30's, because of the gearbox.....what does your rotor rev to?

do you mean before or after vt@k ? 17000 rpm

So long as you know what the gear ratios are in the gearbox then it's all good

Hmmm, the new M6 will happily rev to 8500rpm, still nowhere near the vincinity of a f1 engine or a honda

...damned vt@k 2-strokes

Edited by ///Carl

i can pull bout 11 - 12 grand,

But usually only take it to bout 10 grand,

Hey Carl my email addy is rotarybm@hotmail.com

cheers matt

Ive just converted mine so its only got the stock ratio (cig locked of course)

Im running S5 turbo box so ideally you want around 4.1 - you dont need to go too low I feel but as your is only a chicken spinner and not a "big block" you may need tha help :jap:

Im running S5 turbo box so ideally you want around 4.1 - you dont need to go too low I feel but as your is only a chicken spinner and not a "big block" you may need tha help :jap:

Not to much difference between a 12a and 13b mate, yeah there are 98 cc bigger and a lil bit more torquey but f**k all, rotors aint got f**k all torque unless its forced induction,

Not to much difference between a 12a and 13b mate, yeah there are 98 cc bigger and a lil bit more torquey but f**k all, rotors aint got f**k all torque unless its forced induction,
Word - jus gotta give the lil rotas sh*t when I can.

Props for what youve done cuzz

:mosh:

Word - jus gotta give the lil rotas sh*t when I can.

Props for what youve done cuzz

:mosh:

You can hardly call a 1300 cc rotary engine a "BIG BLOCK" !