Sign in to follow this  
khello

need help finding e60 545i

hi guys, im new to the forum. i joined as i am in the market for a e60 545i. and what better place to get advice from a bmw forum!!

i just wanted some help first of all in finding a decent one and also to get advice on what i should be looking for when i go to inspect etc also what i should be expecting to pay. i would really preffer a black one.

Any help would be much appreciated guys.

cheers

hi guys, im new to the forum. i joined as i am in the market for a e60 545i. and what better place to get advice from a bmw forum!!

i just wanted some help first of all in finding a decent one and also to get advice on what i should be looking for when i go to inspect etc also what i should be expecting to pay. i would really preffer a black one.

cheers

i think jgbmw in welly have a really nice white one

edit maybe they dont..it doesnt show up on teh web....

Edited by kiwi535

i think jgbmw in welly have a really nice white one

edit maybe they dont..it doesnt show up on teh web....

although this is interesting!

although this is interesting!

yea that one is NICE!! but unfortunately a little bit out of my budget. I seem to look at these two alot on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-420508708.htm

and

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-394178162.htm

Any thoughts one these? from what iv read people do seem to lean towards the 2005 alot more?

^all straight from Japan..

Not sure on the differences between nz new and Japan e60 however.

There are a few differences in other models.

i take it that ex japan ones arent as good as nz new then..??

Oh im not sure at all, just speculating about the e60.

I know one gripe was to do with the satnav Gps conversion..

See here http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-442595131.htm

^ is a forum member.

Which may not seem that bad but its nice to be able to have full functionality of your car.

If you decide to buy from kiwis cars, or any dealer id highly recommend to take it to botany motorworx to be throughly checked.

Edited by shaneg

oh ok yep i did notice that all the sat nav would be unusable unless converted. good point on having full functionality of a nice new car.

cheers will take that into consideration.

i take it that ex japan ones arent as good as nz new then..??

Japan ones are always better spec'd than the NZ ones. The E60 "i drive" can be loaded with new software to convert GPS to NZ.

As with the M62 the N62 leaks oil, the front cover gaskets and both rocker cover gaskets leak. Easy enough to remedy.

Should mention the Singapore cars only need a software update, the jappas need a little more, still not hard to transfer though.

Edited by Greg.

cheers

Which part of NZ are you in as your profile is not filled out to tell us?

Japan ones are always better spec'd than the NZ ones. The E60 "i drive" can be loaded with new software to convert GPS to NZ.

I believe there is still a hardware component as well as software that must be replaced.

Also worth noting that the tv wont work once analog is turned off in NZ (which will be periodically in the next year or 2)

here is another altho an 04, but NZ new and with NAV etc!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-409387856.htm

when you see 2005 it may not actually be an 05 this is just the date of first rego. you need to check the VIN for the actual build date.

Do they still use different transmissions in the Jap ones this late? Those Jatco's weren't really that good.

Do they still use different transmissions in the Jap ones this late? Those Jatco's weren't really that good.

Ha no they went out with E36s, they use the same ZF

Ha no they went out with E36s, they use the same ZF

those improt 545 look pretty bsasic , i bet most new NZ 545 were pretty well specced.

those improt 545 look pretty bsasic , i bet most new NZ 545 were pretty well specced.

For that price point ur not going to get full msport kit, seats etc unfortunately

For that price point ur not going to get full msport kit, seats etc unfortunately

thats a good point

All the import ones that we've seen have been far better spec'd, NZ ones are quite boring with their spec sheets.

All the import ones that we've seen have been far better spec'd, NZ ones are quite boring with their spec sheets.

probably due to the prices on the option list!

Even now days on a 3 series NAV is over 7k (business nav now standard on 5 series)

3 series NAV is over 7k (business nav now standard on 5 series)

Yes, and some toys like the visual reverse sensors, reverse camera and TV need you to spec Nav in the first place. Why can't they put TV there without the GPS bits for a change?

Why can't they put TV there without the GPS bits for a change?

They do.

thanks guys for all the thoughts.

im in the akl region so if you see anything that you think might be worth a look please tell me.

thanks again

cheers