Sign in to follow this  
cage

Indy F1

Omg did you guys hear what happend at the F1. How crazy is that.

For those of you who dont know there where only 6 drivers racing.

Yeah I heard about it. It's ridiculous. If I was a fan I would have done more than throw cans on the track. The amount of money you spend on an F1 ticket for them to go and do that...

On a flipside - look what it took for Schumacher to win his first race in a while.

It was a result of the tyre manufacturer being unable to guarantee the safety of the tyres???

Yea, I got up to watch it. After Ralf Schumacher crashed on the fast banked corner (is it 13?) michellin took a look at the tyre and started testing other teams tyres. They had major problems and Michellin let the teams know that they should not race with these tyres. The teams then attempted to find other ways to get them all racing, ie. hairpin at the end of that corner that was causing problems with the Michellins, also flying in new sets of tyres on the Saturday, allowing teams to pit and change tyres etc etc.. unfortunately Bernie and his FIA buddies would not pull finger and said it would be breaking the rules to give advantage to the Michellin teams over the Bridgestone teams (Minardi, Jordan, Ferrari). In the end the Michellin teams boycotted the race in fear of safety.

The americans were not happy chappies! fair enough I say. Although Monteiro seemed very happy with his first podium! Even the presenters of the trophies weren't there to present trophies...

i have to totaly agree about the fans if i would of been there i whould be complaning so hard.

i think its all Michellin's fault for not being able to provide safe tyers and you cant blame the guys of Bridestone

I watched it. Not a great race, but the right result. This has been the most eventful GP season in years.

Michelin deserve to get punished, scratches them off my list of tire choices this month. I'd hate to see it go bqack to one tire manufacturer again though. As when Pirelli pulled out. Bridgestopne got to supply whatever crap they felt like to every team. Michelin made them pick up their game and produce competitive compounds.

Yes, the crowd were robbed. It is a shame that the Michlin runners didn't go out. I pick that Renault/Williams and McLaren could have run safely around at the 3 seconds per lap slower and finished ahead of Jordan. They are allowed 1 tire change, so at one of the stops, change your left rear and continue.

As it happened in America, I'm sure there is a court case pending.

Forza Ferrari!!! :D

Guest Spargo

Michelen got owned. Tak tsk producing a tyre not up to the task!

It's not like they haven't raced there before. They do have data for this circuit. The only excuse they could come up with was that the surface had been made more abrasive for the indy cars, and that caused too much wear.

Pussies. They should have gone out, changed tyres and taken the inevitable penalty... But seeing as A1 GP is coming up... <_< Got conspiracy?

It wasn't a wear issue. they hadn't built tire walls capable of taking the loading.

Interesting that the Bridgestone due to their manufacturing process are 6.5kg lighter than the Michelin and still coped.

Guest Spargo

Ralf's crash was on his first flying lap, his tyres were underinflated. Michelin stated that raising the prssure would cure the issue, but raise wear rates too high (7-8 stops over the race). BMW and one other team reported no issue at all with the tyres.

Guest Andrew

That was the most boring race ever - I felt robbed of a few extra hours of sleep.

his tyres were underinflated

Bridgestone have been there and done that......Explorer saga

meh it was a fair win.

sucks to have sh*t tyres dont it...

I read the FIA release on it, and they actually had a pretty good reason for not putting in the chicane, If teams don't turn up with the correct equipment

why penalise any other team, they had the option of just going slower through that corner, but the Michelin teams would rather bring everybodys speed down to match theirs in that particular case. which doesn't make for exciting racing but with the Senna case still dragging on, nobody want's another death on the track.

It was a real shame, sucks to be Michelin, but boo hoo, if you can't cut it in a mans world there is no point crying about it.