Sign in to follow this  
kiwi6539

16x7 front 16x8 rear on e34

Hey

I had trouble with my 16x8 e38 basket weaves rubbing on the left strut of my e34, so I have now purchased a set of the same style wheel of the e39 16x7. Which fit the front with locator rings and no rubbing at all.

So I was thinking about leaving the e38 16x8 on the rear and using the 16x7s e39 alloys on the front.

Is there any reason not to do this?.

But the only way i could do it would be to sell the other 2 different size alloys.

Anyone keen on a set of style5 v2s for there e34?

post-3366-1328599949.jpg

Edited by kiwi6539

There was an e34 on Stanceworks a while ago with 16's that looked pretty cool. They were alot wider than 7 and 8 though and it was bloody low. But it looked very good.

Looking to just cover cost of e39 wheels

Would sell either option for $360 would prefer to split sets if there no problem running the 2 different widths.

Edited by kiwi6539

Maybe you could cut the 16x8" in half, remove 1" of the width and then have the halves welded back together. Perfect.

Maybe you could cut the 16x8" in half, remove 1" of the width and then have the halves welded back together. Perfect.

They are the same style alloy exactly. Just the e38 ones a wider only wanting to keep 8 inch rim on the back to one day run 245s on the rear.

Hey

I had trouble with my 16x8 e38 basket weaves rubbing on the left strut of my e34, so I have now purchased a set of the same style wheel of the e39 16x7. Which fit the front with locator rings and no rubbing at all.

So I was thinking about leaving the e38 16x8 on the rear and using the 16x7s e39 alloys on the front.

Is there any reason not to do this?.

But the only way i could do it would be to sell the other 2 different size alloys.

Anyone keen on a set of style5 v2s for there e34?

Or is anyone keen for the full set of 16x8 e38 wheels.

You havent said what size tyres you have on there, cause you shouldnt really be having rubbing issues with those E38 style 5's. The offset is close enough to stock and you can get some pretty big feet on the rear of an E34. You should honestly be able to have the whole set of 16x8's on there with the correct (or approx) size tyres on there without any hassles. I dont suppose you have kept the original size E38 tyres on those E38 rims by any chance? Cause that would cause you grief up front for sure.

You havent said what size tyres you have on there, cause you shouldnt really be having rubbing issues with those E38 style 5's. The offset is close enough to stock and you can get some pretty big feet on the rear of an E34. You should honestly be able to have the whole set of 16x8's on there with the correct (or approx) size tyres on there without any hassles. I dont suppose you have kept the original size E38 tyres on those E38 rims by any chance? Cause that would cause you grief up front for sure.

Thats what i heard from a few people that they should be fine, maybe my suspension changed things.

I was running 225/55/16 and the tyre just rubbed the strut.

Anyway i have 2 sets of the same style now. 16x8 et23 e38 and 16x7 et20 e39

I woulds like to split them and sell to some one who wants to run them on there car. e34 or something else.

it would only be the rims 2 16x7 and 2 16x8 $350

Edited by kiwi6539

Guest Simon*

It's never a width issue on E34's. I ran 10" rears with 265's and heaps of negative camber and they never rubbed. The only time I ever had rubbing was when I swapped on some 8" front, 9" rear M-Parallels from an E38 that had a fairly high profile tyre fitted. Once I went to a lower profile tyre all was fine

Thats what i heard from a few people that they should be fine, maybe my suspension changed things.

I was running 225/55/16 and the tyre just rubbed the strut.

Anyway i have 2 sets of the same style now. 16x8 et23 e38 and 16x7 et20 e39

I would like to split them and sell to some one who wants to run them on there car. e34 or something else.

it would only be the rims 2x 16x7 and 2x 16x8 $350

You can find specs on them at [url="http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/"] interesting website for oem wheels

Edited by kiwi6539