Sign in to follow this  
allan

E46 model range

Could some one tell me please on the e46 range.

On a saloon, tourer, hatch /compact not coupe from the front bumper to the back of the front doors B pillar I think it is called are they the same body demensions for example put a total front suspension from a saloon say into a compact if they were the same year/ month of assemble or is it not that easy.

Cheers

What do you want to do ?? You need to be more specific...there are so many differences. Compacts are completely different from saloons & wagons and so are coupes

Thought I had been, swap out the total front suspension, motor, gearbox from say a Saloon 330 year 2003 into a compact of similiar year the way you did your swap Glen but on an e46. The rear end may be a different kettle of fish still looking at that.

Edited by allan

The E46 compacts come out with an M54 2.5 motor as standard. Fitting a 330 motor & box shouldn't be an issue appart from the electrical side of things. Tracking down all the parts could be an issue though. I'd get a Compact first then find an accident damaged 330. Thats basicaly what I did

Edited by *Glenn*

Coming across a 325ti is one thing and at a reasonable price is another. Will keep looking but thanks for the info Glen.

Coming across a 325ti is one thing and at a reasonable price is another. Will keep looking but thanks for the info Glen.

What I meant was buy a Compact 318i or 316i Then fit the 330