Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

Finally finished (sort of) the M535i

Back on topic...

Looking good Brent. What do you intend to do with it? You could probably crack a million kays if you tried hard enough, your almost half way ^_^

thought i might do this with it .Posted Image

. nah . will just drive to work , maybe some track time if i rebuild all the rubber bits underneth .

i aint bowin. looks cool tho brent, gta love e28s in silver. low comp or high comp eng?

10:1 compression . goes very well . should have done some porting, over size valves etc . but is was only to get it up and running (on the cheap) . doesn't rev as hard as my e34 535i with Hartge motor ,(porting , chip e28 cam ,light flywheel etc).

but i think when i change the diff to 3.45lsd , instead of the 3.07 lsd it shoukd be better .

how's your 5spd conversion comming along . i know what you need to do to make at all work .

M-tec kitted E28. Only way to go!

Cannot agree more... E28 is my next favourite car to the E30, but has to have the M-Tec kit.. yours is great! :thumb:

mtec has to be the ugliest kit avaliable for the E28

:lol:

some photos of one I built up some time ago, tell me the E28 is not good looking with this kit!!!!!.

(excuse the photos, they are digital photos of photos, my scanner is broke...)

did youhave a M5 , or was it a replica . what did you do with it .

Was an M5, bought as a wreck after a high speed crash, etimated at over 200kmh. Bought a 520 runner and gutted it and used the body for the M5 gear. Had to buy quite a few items like some of the Mtec kit and suspension bits etc to get it back to original. Bloody missile to drive tho'. With the LS diff and all that grunt, could drift that thing at will. Earned me the nickname zigzag....

Left in SA when we came to NZ. Sorely missed... :(

10:1 compression . goes very well . should have done some porting, over size valves etc . but is was only to get it up and running (on the cheap) . doesn't rev as hard as my e34 535i with Hartge motor ,(porting , chip e28 cam ,light flywheel etc).

but i think when i change the diff to 3.45lsd , instead of the 3.07 lsd it shoukd be better .

how's your 5spd conversion comming along . i know what you need to do to make at all work .

yuh mine revd a lot better after the porting, and way better top end.

stumbled after the Ljet bellhousing problem, ideas brent?

Guest Andrew

10:1 compression . goes very well . should have done some porting, over size valves  etc . but is was only to get it up and running (on the cheap) . doesn't rev as hard as my e34  535i with Hartge motor ,(porting , chip e28 cam ,light flywheel  etc).

yuh mine revd a lot better after the porting, and way better top end.

stumbled after the Ljet bellhousing problem, ideas brent?

modify the flywheel and the bellhousing - it isn't very hard. Look at pics of motronic box.

looks good... i've got a 1985 e12/e28 south african m535i with 167k kms no rust, good to v.good condition and looking to sell, any idea what it should be worth