Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

My E34 has an ant infestation...

So yeah it turns out my E34 has some kind of ant infestation at the moment....

I noticed a few ants now and then, but as of late it's just ridiculous, every 12 inches theres an ant somewhere! Very annoying, I am just wondering if they are doing any damage? Would they be eating anything?

Has anyone had experience of where they would typically nest within a car? I just wanted to get an idea before I start ripping half the car apart to find the nest and get rid of it.

Any advise would be appreciated!

park it in a garage, wind down all the windows...

stick a bug bomb in the garage.

with some ant trap

Well that makes sense! :rolleyes: How did I not think of that.

I'll give that a try.

I had that once thanks to a Mento that someone dropped under the seat.

Make sure there is no food on the floor - a good vacuum helps too.

Good luck!

Yeah I just set a series of bait traps around the car.

Should sort them I think.

Initially I didn't care too much, but I'm getting quite fond of this E34 so want to start looking after it more than I planned, getting rid of the ants will be a worthy start. Might look at getting some parts of it repainted and the interior leather re-dyed soon. ($$$ :ph34r: )

One of my E30's had an ant problem. Sprinkle some of the ant killer stuff, nek minute, all gone.

It's the stuff that they eat, and take back to the nest. Looks like sand. I think it's called ant bait.

One of my E30's had an ant problem. Sprinkle some of the ant killer stuff, nek minute, all gone.

It's the stuff that they eat, and take back to the nest. Looks like sand. I think it's called ant bait.

Yeah exactly. I've used some of that liquid gel, few drops here and there around the frame work plus a couple of traps. They seem to be going for it already.

Yup, in the E39 - driving the other half nuts!

The car is virtully immaculately clean inside, certainly no food - only the peppermints in the door pocket (that they find). Has been an on/off problen for the last few yrs, have had bait down sporadically, problem seems to dissappear... only to.... :angry:

Adding to I CBF pulling the car apart to try to find a nest so my simple resonse to her - put some more bait down. That in itself probably adds to her frustration.

In the 20+ cars i have owned - I have never had ants before.

Bear in mind also that as these little guys walk around, they leave a trail for their ant buddies to follow, hence their wandering all over it...

I take it you've removed upholstery, boot material, had a look under the frame and wheels?

Edited by Sick Puppy