Sign in to follow this  
danutt

e30 front shock gone dry?

jacked the car up a few weeks ago and had this creaking knocking sound coming from the struts checked all joints and wheel bearings etc something gave me the idea that the the strut mounts had had it so ive ordered them and today i jacked it up again got my brother to jack it up while i watched the strut and the strut shaft comes out of the strut housing intermittently not smoothly like it should????

sprayed a lil bit of wd 40 and no clunking etc....so...shock stuffed? could i just oil it somehow?

new struts are expensive especially if you wana stay with the bilsteins the m325i came with

if the struts turn out to be gone who here has a good second hand pair???

cheers for any help and thoughts

greased the shaft on the shock and its all good now.. not experiencing any symptoms of worn out shocks so its all good news...even though its all good now im still looking for a new shock and spring setup maybe someone on here has a set lying around after changing to coilovers etc

Bilsteins can be rebuilt-guy in Auckland does it.

if your going to buy new springs and shocks, just go straight to coilovers. you dont have to have them wound right down like most people do either

if your going to buy new springs and shocks, just go straight to coilovers. you dont have to have them wound right down like most people do either

Sure... if you have $1500-2000 for coilovers, and another $600 or so for a cert...

The race series Koni shocks - King springs combo is a good one, but there are a few other alternatives too for good handling and comfortable ride.

I'd just get the bilsteins rebuilt. Then get H&Rs (or similar) if you want new springs.

thanks for the help...know the cost of a rebuild? yea id definitly go woth h & r dont wnat to make the car just low to look good it has to have the functional aspect

had jamex before and utter crap but thats my opinion, kings in a honda yes i had a honda they were very stiff but not too bad and my brother has b & g comfortable and they perform but heard great review about the h & r's so thatd be what id get but yikes why are they 500 bux a set hahah