Sign in to follow this  
nath

E36 interior fan speed, and coolant temperature

Hi guys

2 issues:

1. The digital climate control in my car seems to have piss poor fan speeds compared to most cars. The fan seems to change speed at each increment of the display but there is really no point in having it below half display speed as it is just too weak there. Air con and all functions work fine.

2. The engine does not heat up very fast according to the display, and even if or when it reaches half way on the needle, it is possible to lower it back down by coasting at idle down a long hill for instance. I have had the thermostat out and tested for hot/ cold movement (albeit out of it's housing) which seems fine enough. It is however by no means new.

Any suggestions?

Cheers for any help

M44 318iS, No cracks or damage to plastic components, new clean coolant.

I had real weak fan speeds in my E36 too when changed the pollen filters and it was completely different. Fan was real strong after that although the filter was tricky to get to.

I agree with the others in regards to pollen filter having done mine just at xmas with the same problem, is a little tricky, i found the filter harder to get out then in strangely :unsure:

Brent did a good how to here... http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=14148