Sign in to follow this  
Jimocles

muffler for e36 325i

struggling to find a reasonably priced one.

stock aftermarket, I don't care

quotes so far range from $450 - $650

the baffles in mine are completely shot, and the rattling is starting to bug the hell out of me.

any suggestions greatly appreciated

Try EBAY - I'm thinking of getting a DTM from there for my iS. Loving the twin piping out the rear.

They are cheap as, but freight will be a bit :)

My suggestion would be to buy Genuine, not the cheapest option but the best

why do I say that? over the years I have seen it time & time again when someone tried to save a few bucks ( Though still expensive, in the case that comes to mind, Gen was $600 & after market was $500 ) & got some aftermarket exhaust instead, only to regret it in a real short time span & in this case, put a genuine exhaust on only after....................wait for it........................3 days!!!!

another guy lasted a whole week before wishing he had not got the so called cheaper option !! then there was the third guy who went a full 3 months

in all the above, they could not return the new aftermarkets & the who excercise cost like a grand each before finished & I did warn the last guy too !! <_<

the reason was noise & booming at odd speeds

if you ever get the chance, feel the weight of a gen muffler to 99% of aftermarket & you can see why

thats my suggestion any way :D

Try EBAY - I'm thinking of getting a DTM from there for my iS. Loving the twin piping out the rear.

DTM does look good, can you not go down to auto exhaust & get them to cut your old tail pipe off & weld a twin pipe on!!, I've seen it done & I think it was like $60.00 fitted

Try EBAY - I'm thinking of getting a DTM from there for my iS.  Loving the twin piping out the rear.

DTM does look good, can you not go down to auto exhaust & get them to cut your old tail pipe off & weld a twin pipe on!!, I've seen it done & I think it was like $60.00 fitted
Not a bad idea - cheers. Will have to measure it up ( 2 x tip width )

I'm not to keen to start hacking a section out of the MTech kit...

Obviously, an upward slant piping like DTM would look nicest... mmmmm

contact SD european, phone 0800 269772 or www.sdeuropean.co.nz