Sign in to follow this  
Allanw

Wishful thinking

This guy brought my old E39 Angel Eyes headlights. Now he's trying to sell the used ones he's polished up (which won't last as the protective coating is gone) for MORE than I paid for the brand new ones!

I'm always surprised at how many things sell used on trademe for more than brand new stuff!

Haha yeah.. Had a cheap $30 table from the warehouse that was a few years old and stuck it on trademe for $1 reserve and it sold for $62.

Haha yeah.. Had a cheap $30 table from the warehouse that was a few years old and stuck it on trademe for $1 reserve and it sold for $62.

:wacko: Good for you though!

I've been known to buy things online to avoid having to go into shops, and probably paid a bit more... I don't go overboard though!

Those old headlights of mine are 12 years old, have had the coating polished off the polycarbonate, and are $60 more than the Hella ones I did the group buy for. I'm sorta thinking "Tell 'im 'e's dreamin'" except that someone might actually buy them!

A mate of mine paid about $600 for a set of used genuine Xenons, but new xenons are $1800 a pair (complete though!)

I'd be placing money on weather on the fact he won't sell them at that price, unless some unbeknown idiot comes along that doesn't have a clue.

I'd be placing money on weather on the fact he won't sell them at that price, unless some unbeknown idiot comes along that doesn't have a clue.

It really is surprising how often that happens though!