Sign in to follow this  
justinsoong

Hissing/Loose Change noise

hi recently became a first time owner of a bmw, e39 1998 525i. But sadly making hissing noises, sounds like shaking loose change noises on small bumps on the road.

Bought from dealer who, changed front brake rotors, caliper and pads OEM as part of the sale.

From experiences, does this sound like a suspension issue, or could something be loose...? I also have low profile tires, could that be my issue?

Any trusted garages in wellington who could help assess?

Cheers

Try Page European to get it checked behind KFC on Kent Tce.

This may not be it, but I'll mention it just in case. I had a 'loose change' noise in my E46 that pissed me off for a good week or so, and after a while I got my girlfriend to listen while I drove and she said it was coming from the rear of the car. Turned out to be a loose tool in the tool compartment attached to the underside of the bootlid. :lol:

hi recently became a first time owner of a bmw, e39 1998 525i. But sadly making hissing noises, sounds like shaking loose change noises on small bumps on the road.

Bought from dealer who, changed front brake rotors, caliper and pads OEM as part of the sale.

From experiences, does this sound like a suspension issue, or could something be loose...? I also have low profile tires, could that be my issue?

Cheers

You could also try Porirua City European, in Raiha St., Porirua

Cheers

Hi, maybe somemore info required,

at what particular speed?

around corners?

braking or accelerating?

does the noise go away when you lightly apply the brake pedal??

maybe give me a call or pop by

cheers

Jon

04 3801089

04 3801089