Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Coolant change on E36 M3 Euro

Hey guys. :)

I am going to change coolant in my E36 M3 and wanted to ask some questions first. One, is it ok to use a non-BMW coolant for my M3 or is it a must to use BMW one? Also, do I need to buy distilled water from the supermarket or can I use water from the tap? Finally, I want to do a fool system flush and was wondering if anyone here know where is that engine plug that will allow me to do that? I couldn't find it last time, but I am very persistent and want to do it right this time. Maybe someone will have a picture that I can have a look at. Is there anything else that I need to change or take into consideration before I do this?

Thank you.

Use BMW coolant or else just make sure the coolant you buy is Phosphate free. Prestone and Elf do phosphate free coolants. Yes use demineralized (not just distilled) water or just buy 50/50 mix off the shelf. Your drain plug will be on the engine block under the exhaust manifold somewhere....google where it is :)

Edited by _Matt_