Sign in to follow this  
Mador

E34 M20->M50 Harness

Does anyone know anyone who has made an M20 E34 an M50 E34?

Or does anyone know how to connect the M50 engine loom to the chassis harness?

As simple as cutting off the M50 style plug and wiring on the M20 style plug? From memory the E34 Harness is a star and the M50 loom is a Moon shape?

Please help as its the last step to firing this engine!

noooo I wanna connect the loom to the body.... you know so you can turn the key and the engine starts? gauges and all that? the MS is later down the track, I have the M50 ECU connected at the moment so I can get it running

You know where you plug that BMW Code reader thing into, that round plug that has a cap on it you unscrew and it has like 3 pins and a keyway? Right next to it is where the Loom connects to the **CAR'S** Loom

Yeah you need to hook up about 7 of those wires.

igniton feed

fuel pump

starter

alternator

oil pressure

coolant temperature

tachometer

If you have both looms in front of you it is easy enough to figure out which goes where with a multimeter.

ignition feed is usually green

fuel pump is usually green with a purple stripe

starter is usually black with a yellow stripe

the others can vary, but you need to check them all anyway.

FFS just had a good look at it, M20 Body loom has 20 pin and M50 Engine loom has 26 Pins :blink::unsure::mellow:<_<:rolleyes:

they are not plug and play...

you need to chop both plugs off each loom and join the m20 one to the m50 one. but before you do that, check what pin does what and make a note of it so you can connect it to the correct pin on the plug...

they are not plug and play...

you need to chop both plugs off each loom and join the m20 one to the m50 one. but before you do that, check what pin does what and make a note of it so you can connect it to the correct pin on the plug...

Awesome, thanks Polley I just wanted to confirm it was as simple as that, and thanks for heads up on what to use and what to look out for, Legend mate!

Edited by Mador 525i