Sign in to follow this  
sidewayswhat!

E34 M50 sump.

My goodness these are hard to find, if anyone knows where I can get one, That would be awesome. Went into Jeff grey BMW and the wanted $1000 :unsure: I can not find one for the life of me and I really need one before july 2nd so I pick my mum up from airport after not seeing her for god only knows how long.

Somebody help me out here please

OK I'm getting the sump from pelican Parts, just need/want to know if there a differences between the left hand drive sumps and the right hand drive sumps?

OK I'm getting the sump from pelican Parts, just need/want to know if there a differences between the left hand drive sumps and the right hand drive sumps?

you should be be able to sus that out by putting a theoretical rhd e34 and a theoretical LHd e34 and compare part numbers

Sweet thanks guys, I will be putting my order through when my credit card arrives :) I'll still put RHD sump in the comments box to be safe

So I've got myself a e34 sump, I went to put it on and the oil pick up was in the way, I knew it would off, My question is am I meant to move the oil pick up to the other side, take it out, or something else? also Can someone provide pics of how they did it and what they did.

Chur

http://www.e30dohc.com/wiki/index.php?title=DOHC_Swap_Basics

you need more E34 bits than the sump.

What Are the Required Parts

M/S5x complete longblock with accessories

M/S50 wiring harness

413 or 506 DME

Smaller diameter brake booster, ordered from largest to smallest amount of boost:

E30 325iX

Porsche 944

E21 320i

Porsche 924

E34 525i oil pan, dipstick tube, dipstick, oil pickup tube

E34 throttle cable

E36 engine mount arms

E28 535i or M5 engine mounts

Edited by antil33t

Thanks was just reading that, got a oil pick up getting sent tomorrow. along with a e34 throttle cable, then I just need a clutch to suit, and start on the wiring.

you need the E34 dipstick and tube too, its a different length and sits in a totally different place to the E36 motors. In fact you pretty much need an E34 motor save for the E36 mounting arms

you need the E34 dipstick and tube too, its a different length and sits in a totally different place to the E36 motors. In fact you pretty much need an E34 motor save for the E36 mounting arms

Yeah I've got the e34 sump with tube and dipstick, Got a new gasket, but forgot about the oil pick, (slaps face) but I"ll have one on the way today for the sump conversion, got the e36 arms with the right mounts as well, just need to buy a clutch, Also found a LSD for $250, so before that goes in I'm getting new bearing and having it shimed, Also have the e34 throttle cable on its way

NOT looking forward to wiring, so if there anyone in Palmy that will do it I got some cash

Edited by sidewayswhat!

It shouldn't be too hard. there's only a few wires to change.

Just be aware that some guides have features your car may or may not have, I would use the ETK's from each car (yours, and the donor) and match them up

It shouldn't be too hard. there's only a few wires to change.

Just be aware that some guides have features your car may or may not have, I would use the ETK's from each car (yours, and the donor) and match them up

famous last words :P

having been through it before the above is the best advice. DONT use someone elses wiring matchup because it probably wont work

haha sweet thanks, I really don't like wiring unless I have a awesome diagram of some sort that I can follow, I plan of not having the A/C as it doesn't work and having a complete custom gauge setup by the end of the year or early next year, (should start a build thread) so I only want to hook up the important stuff. In saying that I might change my mind about the gauge set up.