Sign in to follow this  
seven

Alarm installation in akl

www.warlocks.co.nz

I got on special 4 star dynatron alarm, 2 remotes, glassbreak sensor, dual immobiliser

Dynatron D3600 i think it was.

$345 incl GST and free mobile installation.

Was installed same day in 2 hours.

Doesnt seem to have the same special on anymore but take a look.

Edited by E30stz

I got mine done at PK Auto Electrical in Penrose.

They say they only need 3-4 hours but I left the car for the whole day anyway

Dynatron D7600 (forgot how much as it's been months, but $5xx)

difference is this...

D3600, unlock the car, start the car within 30 seconds or after that you need to press a button on the remote to disarm immobiliser before starting the car. (even if you didn't re-arm the alarm)

D7600, unlock the car, start the car whenever. (system detects a transponder built-in with the remote, good for lazy people like me)

other than that, the both model is pretty much the same.

Dynatron's good especially if your insurance give discounts for brand-name alarms done by professional installers.

D3600, unlock the car, start the car within 30 seconds or after that you need to press a button on the remote to disarm immobiliser before starting the car. (even if you didn't re-arm the alarm)

Walk off ... forget to lock ur car, bang someones in there hotwiring the biarch...

Dont get i think it was a mongoose... Duncans one had one of those... that got pwned ... even with immobiliser.

Edited by E30stz

ive always found alarms ridiculously easy to find and get rid of.....and im not exactly a practiced car thief....just a bum amateur mechanic who keeps losing his remote.

the only reason i would actually have one is the remote unlocking and the 10 seconds of so of alarm sounding that happens...i dont imagine an alarm would actually stop a thief. i prefer to use common sense....dont park in dodge places, dont leave valuable sh*t out in plain sight

There is nothing like prevention to stop your car being stolen - this includes parking in a safe place under lock and key if possible, installing good locks on your doors (ore removing them entirely) and a good alarm with immobilisers.

Gus - if you can easily disable an alarm, it wasn't installed properly. It is impossible to do a proper install in 2 hours. 3-4 is the bare minimum to do it properly. If the installer is good at his/her job, they will spend serious time installing the brain of the alarm somewhere where it is impossible to get at (like removing the dash and putting in behind or similar), and other such "good install practices".

Unfortunately very few installers can be bothered, and since most people are motivated by price, they find the cheapest installer they can. If your car gets stolen because of a cheap install - its your own fault. False ecenomy in my opinion.

Andy - the diff between the 3600 and 7600 is in the 7600, there is a loop in the steering column that detects your transponder so the alarm won't reactivate whilst you are sitting there. the 3600 will and you have to press the button to disarm again. The 7600 will still reactivate once you walk away.

Mongoose m60 m80 or m90's are just as good as the dynatron equivalents at the same price level - either brand is excellent IMO. Again, it is the qality of the install that counts.

A cheap alarm from DSE well installed will be better than the most expensive alarm poorly installed.

and finally - most insurance companies offer a discount with an alarm. If you are thinking of getting one anyway, this halps make the decision easier. Whilst you're at it, get a fire extinguisher - also get a discount. My discount for having a fire extinguiser paid for the extinguisher after the first year.

I think deadlocking the doors when I leave it overnight is pretty good. Cos people cant smash the window then open the door. Too much time 2 stuff around. Oh and its common sense to take ya faceplate off ya stereo.

Edited by E30stz