Sign in to follow this  
HappyH00ker

New E30 Racer #340 Moro

Following a successful motorsport debut in 2010 Dunlop Targa in a very quick Peugeot 106 Rob & I decided to look for an E30 for Targa and BMW Race Driver Series..

The Moro car came available and after some minor tweaks, I completed the NZ Festival of Motor Racing featuring BMW in Jan 2012 - 6 days of racing, no damage, what a blast - and a great bunch of guys in the class.

Entered the final BRDS Round at Puke, again great racing, but at 1238kg I need to shed some weight to keep up.

Had a lot of support and mechanical advice from mates as we've so far completed all the spanner work ourselves.

Budget permitting I'll do the BRDS but would need a sponsor to do any Targa's - just too expensive.

Looking forward to meeting more E30 racers at AGM & our Track Day.

Cheers, John

post-16676-1334965239.jpg

Hi John, and welcome to the series & bimmersport! Another John in the E30s - you will need to work on a nickname as we have far too many Johns already :rolleyes: .

I saw you running at the Festival but missed you in the last round at Puke, will probably see you at the AGM.

Sounds like there should be plenty of opportunity to take out some weight - most of the 320s have to run with ballast weight to get up to the limits, and will certainly make a difference to the speed and handling.

Hi John, and welcome to the series & bimmersport! Another John in the E30s - you will need to work on a nickname as we have far too many Johns already :rolleyes: .

I saw you running at the Festival but missed you in the last round at Puke, will probably see you at the AGM.

Sounds like there should be plenty of opportunity to take out some weight - most of the 320s have to run with ballast weight to get up to the limits, and will certainly make a difference to the speed and handling.

Hi John thanks.. Yes 1238kg was full tanks, so probably 1220 with 1/2 fuel load, being a 4 door doesn't help, also my cage looks more structural than others, has SA extra long range tank which I can also remove.. will keep me busy over winter.. Cheers