Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

V12

Actually its for a trike!!

I have a friend who builds V12 Jaguar trikes and he intends to do it for a living soon. I was suggesting he consider building a BMW offering also, to increase his potential client base, so he's keeping an eye out for one.

Generally, he buys Jaguar XJS V12s which have rusted badly and therefore are worth bugger all. Then he strips the donor engine, gearbox and dash parts and builds the trike around them. He can get an rusted Jag for less than $2k.

He has his first finished, but he's not yet road-legal, although it has been on road many times ;-)

He's just come back from USA, where he's found great interest in his product, so I'm guessing the $US will be dictating where many of his trikes end up.

Awesome machines - I can arrange a viewing if anyone is in Palmy area and wants to have a nosey!

Awesome machines - I can arrange a viewing if anyone is in Palmy area and wants to have a nosey!

v keen for a look! get ahold of me on 0274242086

Actually its for a trike!!

I have a friend who builds V12 Jaguar trikes and he intends to do it for a living soon. I was suggesting he consider building a BMW offering also, to increase his potential client base, so he's keeping an eye out for one.

Generally, he buys Jaguar XJS V12s which have rusted badly and therefore are worth bugger all. Then he strips the donor engine, gearbox and dash parts and builds the trike around them. He can get an rusted Jag for less than $2k.

He has his first finished, but he's not yet road-legal, although it has been on road many times ;-)

He's just come back from USA, where he's found great interest in his product, so I'm guessing the $US will be dictating where many of his trikes end up.

Now that is truely different. Good on him :thumb:

Fully keen to check it out, I no i've seen a trike round town with a ej20 subaru motor in it which is fully sick, but a V12 now this i have to see!!

For anyone who wants to see the trike, drop me an email ~ fenderbass@bigfoot.com ~ and we'll jack up a visit.

Believe me - it is AWESOME - Pete is a mechanical artist!! How would you like 12 chrome exhausts, no mufflers, hanging out of the back of your beast???

If there's enough want to have a squiz we'll jack it up for next weekend?

Cheers

Roger