Sign in to follow this  
jay^

slowly improving - e30 2.7

Just a quick snap post wash this afternoon, looking quite a bit different from when i first got her.

Still on the to-do list short term:

• new muffler
  • repaint the sunroof
  • interior trim bits and pieces
  • install the LSD
  • full cut & polish

Posted Image

I like the fact your kidney grill is not covered in black primer.

Very nice!

Also looking at the car on that angle, it amazes me how attractive looking the E30 4 doors are after all these years, especially when compared to the E36 4 door, part of me always dies when I see one of them.

yeah that will be staying chrome - as will the window trim - think it sits well with the rims :D

Looks tidy as. And I agree with the silver trims, looks better than the shadow chrome people do. Its how BMW intended it to be.

Is that a PFL front lip?

Yeah ive had to do a TON to it - previous owners manual conversion was done poorly - the clutch was not sealed at the firewall which was letting tons of water in which subsequently rusted the drivers floor pan so thats been cut out and removed and the firewall sealed.

While the carpet was out to do that i put in new and considerably lighter sound/thermal deadening, re installed the carpet and put in recaro's fishnets.

Its had new 260 GB put in as it was using a random GB that wasnt up to the job - developed a bad knock, replaced drive shaft and hanger bearing too. Few other bits of rust cut out in the boot side well.

Replaced the cooling system as a precaution as was not performing well when i got it.

I put H&R Kit springs and shocks in - these are much too soft - put 4 people in and its basically on the bump stops - hence ill be going coilover at some point in the future - its fine with 2 in the front at the moment.

Ive got an LSD inner sitting here for it - i need to pick up an appropriately ratio'd diff to have rebuilt with it - im reading that 3.91 is a decent way to go ??

Its cost me more than its worth thats for sure haha but hey i didnt buy it expecting to make money on it haha.

The kit - its a Hartge front, sides & rear.

Edited by Jay^

Looking great. :)

Agreed on above comments too. Like the fact you are keeping the chrome trim.

Much as I like black trim in some cases, it is refreshing to see them stay as OEM