Sign in to follow this  
SLOW36

Underbody scrapes

Well i am sure some of you guys that have lowered E36's can help me out.I try avoid steep driveways,speed bump,generally things that try and destroy my cars underside.But every now and then it gets caught out and scrapes because of my stupidness :ph34r: .Ive checked under the car i can see where it scrapes just at the front chassis rails both sides.So what is the best product to use to cover up the exposed metal?.Didn't want to just spray it with matt black paint or is that the answer?any info would be great.

Thanks

You shoud be able to just leave it? Mine has plenty too but it's the exhaust that copes most of it.

Penetrol and then some of that CRC underbody seal spray.

Penetrol is awesome, it bonds to almost anything with a clear/yellow film that gets into everything to seal the surface from rusting etc, you can then paint over it. I've used it for years and years with good results.

Available from Mitre 10.

It's handy in this situation as it dries clear, it's not like it matters about any over spray, unlike coloured rust primers which make quite a mess.

Thanks guys will grab some CRC underbody seal spray and have a hunt for that Penetrol stuff too.