Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

e39 code scanner Taupo

Hey guys

just trying to sort through a couple of niggles in my 540i

firstly on long trips the traction control light sometimes turns on, pretty sure its a wheel speed sensor but not sure which one

Also ive done just over 1100kms over the past weekend without skipping a beat and on the drive to work this morning it seems to have developed a slight misfire and the idle isnt as settled as usual

Does anyone know of a business in taupo who can read the codes for me?

Or someone who owns a scan tool and would do it for me for a box of beers?

help is much appreciated

bump, had a price quoted at $60 is this reasonable?

$60 is OK.

For not much more, you can buy software to do it.

Either carsoft type stuff, or an OBDII cable and adapter to the big round socket (if you need it) from eBay - search for cable-shack - he did mine, I think it was about $75 shipped??? You'd need a latop with about 30Gigs free, and several hours to set it up. Not too tricky if you're puter savvy.

Cable and software

$60 is OK.

For not much more, you can buy software to do it.

Either carsoft type stuff, or an OBDII cable and adapter to the big round socket (if you need it) from eBay - search for cable-shack - he did mine, I think it was about $75 shipped??? You'd need a latop with about 30Gigs free, and several hours to set it up. Not too tricky if you're puter savvy.

Cable and software

Just ordered one! Had a plug and software that a mate bought off ebay from China for his E90 and couldn't get it to work, software ran on a VMWare virtual machine, the plug was only for 9 pin serial (RS-232) and wouldn't work with a USB/Serial adapter. He gave it to me and I couldn't get it to work at all, was going to buy an old laptop off trade me that had a serial port for a hundy but this was much easier. Put an offer in for 20.01 GBP and got the whole thing including shipping for 25 quid! :D

just gave the AFM and ICV a good clean out, seems to run better but its not dead cold at the moment

it has one new coil pack in it

7 are bmw and dated 1997

one is dated 2007 and made in tunisia, doesnt smell burnt but doesnt look very flash so may have been a crappy quality replacement

that being said the exhaust smells clean so might not be spark related

if anyone is interested i have started a thread in which i will detail everything i check

Thread

Edited by jason H