Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

ouch!!

Filled up last night with 68 litres of 91,cost $90.....really mixed week.I filled up at Taihape on Sunday,had picked Mum up at Palmerston North and met my sister at Taihape to return my Mum to Tauranga.I drive about 80 ks a day mostly 100ks but lots of traffic lights,(Wellington/Upper Hutt)this week had a huge traffic jam,a coupla short city runs before the usual run to work....10.8l/100,9.3km/l,26.2mpg

get smaller car if you dont like it...

I thought that was pretty good actually.....just 90 bucks is a bit too close to $100....ussually just put in around 80 lately. :huh:

Guest Spargo

pfft, averaged 20L/100K over last weekend, and did 1000k's. Do the math.

1,000 km in one weekend is a long way... thats Welly-Akld and back again.

Open road driving shouldn't have that kind of fuel consumption unless you are on the wrong side of 100kph most of the time.

I drove 1000km on monday and tuesday ... i used about 55L ...

get smaller car if you dont like it...

ooooooh meow <_<

Can sort of see what Shadow is saying though Paul, on a run with the cruise at 100 I get over 30mpg which is around 9 in NZ terms isnt it ?

i am not complaining I was actually quite pleased with the cars consumption,just the nice round 90 dollar ammount.The ol M30 is not as efficient as the more modern engines and is also penalised with a slightly lower gear ratio than the ealier versions of the big six,100 ks is 2250 rpm,9 l/100kms is 31.4 mpg.I think the 635 turns about 1800 rpm at 100 ks......

Yesterday I bought a Mercedes 560SEC. ~$120 to fill up on 96 :D

And it'll go thru it way quicker than any E34 :mosh:

Might post pics later.

BTW, I have actually found that it is possible to drive on relatively (long) flat surfaces in 5th in my 525 at around 50 with the economy gague at around 6-8 l/100km (if its accurate). Considering the 535 has a sh*t load more torque, it should do it easy.

Edited by E30_318i

ahhh thats a negative houston,i find it almost impossible to get the guzzle o meter to drop below 9

thats not bad paul , my e34 535i with the 3.25 diff , only gets about 10.5l /100km on trip if i ma lucky , around town to work (trafic and motorway stuff) 13l /100km

but lattly not running well doinf 14l per 100km . i am using the old 464000km e28 M535i now with the 3.07diff avg 11.6l per 100km doing the work run . does about 1900rpm at 100km/h 5th gear . as appose to 2050 rpm inthe e34 .

my wife does the school runs , shopping etc in th e28 535iA gets about 13-14L per 100km (very bad) will do about 9-10l per 100km on a trip .

i am expecting better ,millage in the newer E34 535i with the 3.64diff and higher compression pistons with the hartge goodies fitted . when its all done .

i remember when i had the 1988 750iL it had a 110Litre tank i put $100 in it when gas was a $1per litre ,and my mates were just laughing at me.

that thing wouldn't do any better than 16L per 100km( didn't drive slow though)

1,000 km in one weekend is a long way... thats Welly-Akld and back again.

I have been doing those sorts of Kms lately - come home from Auckland on a Friday night, head back up on the sunday night - I have been doing about 1700km per week - and get this - its only costing me 2 tanks of fuel a week (aprox $80) - Cos Im doin it in my first ever turbo..... Diesel! Cher

However when I was doing it in my bimmer (first 3 months of the year) i did 20,000km and the total for the 3 months (fuel card bills) was $2800. Expensive, but the drive is so much fun - especially when you get the Napier-Taupo road late at night and dont have to contend with tourists doing 50 - 70km thru the windy part. The windy part is what makes the trip so much fun! Sit on 100km round all the corners. Maybe thats why my gas bill was so huge? :huh:

As ssems to be the trend here, my bimmers not bad on trips, but round town it drinks a lot of gas - but then again I suppose it depends on how I drive!

Speaking of petrol - I filled up yesterday for $87 and had a mental ouch. How much is petrol these days, I forgot to look at the price per litre (I'm assuming we all use premium grade?)

My OBC is showing a consumption of 15.2L/100km at the moment :blush:

Thats auto with almost all city driving, heaps of sitting at light and stop-start.

Come on guys 90 and 87 bucks for a full tank is nothing....I put in 106 yesterday :P

Brent, I think the 750iL had a 105 litre tank not 110 (well mine did and it was the long range tank on the spec), but I know what you mean....I was filling it at 91 PENCE a litre :o

Did 70 something miles yesterday with a return of 26mpg.....well happy.

Same here Martyyn. It hurts when you cough up over $100 per tank. I'm getting about 9.4-9.6l/100 on the open road. Normally 12.5-13.4 around town.

15.3L per 100kms according to OBC on my 535i SE.

I'm always late for work tho

:mosh:

ouch, I'm pissed off when i use more than 10L/100K (and thats all city driving with a heavy right foot)