Sign in to follow this  
330iMSport

e46 Hardwire power source?

Hi all

After much searching and looking at numerious DIY's I'm strugging to find a power source to hardwire my radar into my 2000 Jap Spec e46.

Most of the overseas explanations have a green and blue power feed above the interior light but for whatever reason I don't.

Unfortunately I don't have a multimeter/tester handy. Does anyone know which wire to tap into? I'm assuming it's one of the fatter ones but would rather not get it wrong

Many thanks!

Started and finished my own thread...

Red and yellow wire is always on. Purple wire is switched. Hope it assists someone!

Edited by 330iMSport

ALWAYS use a multimeter. NEVER rely on colours to help you out. Pin numbers CAN be used, but recommend you still test them with a multimeter.

BMWs will throw hissy fits if you do something wrong

Used wds to confirm what your tapping into. ibus is always live as well. Tap into this about 8 or 9 module that control various car functions will play up. Also uses yellow as one of its colour identities

Cig lighter is a good source as is glove box torch if your after medium & low current sources.

Edited by Neal