Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Parts washer

Just thought I would try here before buying a new one which I can't bring myself to do.

Anyone got a big (180 litre plus) parts washer they want to get rid of? Don't care what it looks like as long as a block can fit in it. Broken pump is ok as I'll probably hook it up to a fuel pump and run fuel thru it anyway.

Cheers

You would be doing well to fit a 6cyl block into a dishwasher wouldnt you?

Im not sure how a dishy works, as in does it draw water from the mains to spray the dishes or is this drawn from an internal sump and re-pumped arround.. Idealy it would be modified to spray engine cleaner also not just waster from the mains to be most effective. I could find out as i do work in the right place..

Another option ive always wanted to try is a tank with a ultrasonic cleaning head in it.

Like this

http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID...mp;form=KEYWORD

EDIT: Yes dishys do have an internal wash pump so in theory could be made independant of water mains with a header tank of cleaning fluid which it would drain into ant the end on a cycle.

Edited by MLM