Sign in to follow this  
Napier_E36

Stupid Chrome

What colour should I have my wheels powdercoated?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have had enough of the chrome wheels - especially since one of them is having a cry and peeling...

I have decided to powder coat them - either a very similar silver to the car or white. I wanted to go for the shadow chrome look that the original M5 ones have, but I cant find anywhere that does it!

So, polar white or silver? (or other)

heres a clearer shot of the car - i took the shot over a year ago so the sills have been painted silver - I just dont have any newer pics at the moment

post-8-1120951752.jpg

You have to pull out all the stops to shadow chrome them.

As Sparkle says, RimRight in Palmy should be able to do it....but Id love to see what they look like in charcoal/black....Gus may be on to something there.

are they chrome or polished,maybe a repolish and new clear finish??

Polished lip, black centre... Is rather sexy. Esspecially a proper polished one, Not like my 'painted silver' one - still looks good.

Tough choice. I think Gus's black could be cool. Try photoshopping it. (don't ask me, I'm computer illiterate).

Polished lip, black centre... Is rather sexy. Esspecially a proper polished one, Not like my 'painted silver' one - still looks good.

Second the polished lip bit with the centre black or charcoal.. B)

Chopped.

Black:

Posted Image

Shadowchrome

Posted Image

Charcoal

Posted Image

Polished Lip, Gloss black centre

Posted Image

Edited by Surge

After seeing those pictures .. i would go with polished lips and black center ... hmm .. considering doing that myself now .. hahah

Anyone wanna photochop my wheels ?

Polished lip with shadow chrome centres. They dont look chrome in the non photoshop pic, they just look polished.

Also i think you should get silver door handles. Never seen them in black b4 unless on a black car or e30???? Looks weird on e36. B)

Thanks for the massive response - I think that pink is definitely out of the question - but that black center silver lip has me thinking - Also, shadow chrome would be pretty nice - as was mentioned, better resale and it makes them look more genuine (not that I care if they look OEM or not)

They are definitely chrome dipped - there is one wheel that is almost half peeled - Its time to act on it! It takes away from the final look of the car. Need to get my bumper sorted out too. (from the unavoidable roadkill)

Black door handles are factory on this - I know, I want them silver too - it looks a lot better silver along the bottom than grey like that. I will get photos when I get it out of the shed.

Cheers

Thanks for the massive response - I think that pink is definitely out of the question - but that black center silver lip has me thinking - Also, shadow chrome would be pretty nice - as was mentioned, better resale and it makes them look more genuine (not that I care if they look OEM or not)

They are definitely chrome dipped - there is one wheel that is almost half peeled - Its time to act on it! It takes away from the final look of the car. Need to get my bumper sorted out too. (from the unavoidable roadkill)

Black door handles are factory on this - I know, I want them silver too - it looks a lot better silver along the bottom than grey like that. I will get photos when I get it out of the shed.

Cheers

Pink - yes pink, not good at all.

Seriously i think shadow chrome or black with a polishid lip. Charcoal looks ditry, and black just looks , well black.

Go with the polished lip and black centers, looks good in photochop!

My 2c

i like having the centres a bit lighter so you can still see the spokes...otherwise you cant really see much except a black hole. you know its pimping blair

do it

polished lip, white centres haha :D

i like having the centres a bit lighter so you can still see the spokes...otherwise you cant really see much except a black hole. you know its pimping blair

If you get the middle done in gloss when you're driving it comes up shiny and looks tres p.i.m.p.

White centres, polished lip would be original :lol:

Black centre, Polished/machined lip and them clear coat them. PHATNESS

Guest Andrew

Black centre, Polished/machined lip and them clear coat them. PHATNESS

agreed