Sign in to follow this  
Etwenty1

saved from the scrapper

I would sit on them for a while don't rush into anything for a while.

Yep, gonna find out from the certifier first what the criteria are, these have both been registered in NZ previously which i heard makes it easier.

Meanwhile there is no harm in collecting parts... :D

I wandered down to pickapart in Tauranga last week and found what would have been a near immaculate FL 320i in Diamond Schartz, mint panels, interior, ms steering wheel, etc

It had sustained minor frontal damage only, grille, front of the bonnet etc. The engine was spotless and clearly a well maintained car.

Now a bit lighter after my two trips to strip it, he he.

Anyone looking for a mint headliner in beige with no sunroof best be quick. I will collect it for someone for a donation to my cause.

Anyone looking for a mint headliner in beige with no sunroof best be quick. I will collect it for someone for a donation to my cause.

Has it got beige carpets?

just check with the vinning place , if its just dereged and not writen off by issurer then just a matter of banging it through and see what they fail it on costs about $300 for the check ,

just get them to check the reg or chasis number first to make sure its all good to put through.

if it has been writen off then you need a engineers cert on the repairs and chasis reports , wheel alignment etc etc

join green and red wires for ignition , purple wire is radio/fan etc.

touch black/yellow for the starter wire to the green/red

ps. what brand ,width and offset are those 15" alloys

see pics, unsure of brand but they are 15x7's with a reasonable dish as per pics.

post-2170-1340406853.jpg

post-2170-1340406835.jpg

post-2170-1340406868.jpg

post-2170-1340406961.jpg

Hmmm don't over capitalize on them!

Perhaps turn one into a better one, and scrap the other.

That is what I would do.

replaced the trashed ignition, added some fresh gas and got the 323 running for a compression test. Unfortunately brown mayo started showing in the expansion tank..........i now have 2 e30's with blown HG's!

there is a large vacuum line that comes up from under the intake and connects to the intake just above the rocker cover. (driver side of intake manifold) where the idle? screw is. Someone has put a cap in that pipe...? with the cap removed the idle is up around 2k. Is this a popular mod/bypass? The original air box has been changed to a pod filter if that is relevant.

I found these two diamond schwartz e30's slowly rotting away, and decided to intervene.

This is them after a wash, de-weeding and 50 cockroaches had escaped.

1 is a pfl 323i manual, the other a pfl 320i auto

post-2170-1337320871.jpg

post-2170-1337320890.jpg

post-2170-1337320905.jpg

post-2170-1337321165.jpg

post-2170-1337321191.jpg

Now wondering what the go is with re-compliance and suspension? the coupe has been dropped and is on some "interesting" chromes and stretched tyres.

The 4 door is at a good height on some 15's that should clean up ok.

The plan is to get the coupe re-reg using parts from both.

For re-compliance will the suspension need to be back to original or just legal?

Anyone interested in those lovely chromes feel free to make an offer......

post-2170-1337320925.jpg

Now parting these out

323i has blown HG

320i has no suspension left