Sign in to follow this  
E34_525i

Hi from Christchurch

Hi All,

I have recently re-lit the BMW flame after owning a E30 320i around 9-10 years ago

I Purchased a 1991 525i off a work mate to do up and sell but decided to hold onto it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

unfortunately it didnt last long, I lent it to a friend and it was involved in an accident and ended up getting written off. So I then decided i would shop around for another one, I had a couple of requirements for the replacement car, it had to be manual and if possible have leather interior. I found a 1988 NZ New 525i manual with leather for sale in Wellington

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I promptly purchased it.

The Black car has a M50B25 with 150kms on the clock, and the White car has a M20B25 with nearly 270kms, so the long term plan is buy the wreck off the insurance company so I can put the M50B25 into the white car with the manual box. I see there are a few people who have done that conversion so I will no doubt be asking a few questions, mainly in the wiring department :)

cheers

Karl

Hi All,

I have recently re-lit the BMW flame after owning a E30 320i around 9-10 years ago

I Purchased a 1991 525i off a work mate to do up and sell but decided to hold onto it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

unfortunately it didnt last long, I lent it to a friend and it was involved in an accident and ended up getting written off. So I then decided i would shop around for another one, I had a couple of requirements for the replacement car, it had to be manual and if possible have leather interior. I found a 1988 NZ New 525i manual with leather for sale in Wellington

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Black car has a M50B25 with 150kms on the clock, and the White car has a M20B25 with nearly 270kms, so the long term plan is buy the wreck off the insurance company so I can put the M50B25 into the white car with the manual box. I see there are a few people who have done that conversion so I will no doubt be asking a few questions, mainly in the wiring department :)

cheers

Karl

love the look of the white one! ;)

And welcome to the forums

:)

-Andy

Welcome.

Like the white one too, especially the interior, never seen a red E34 interior.

Posted Image

cheers

Karl

Wow i wasnt expecting that colour interior!

swapping the engine isnt as straightforward as youd think, and the gearboxes dont mate up either as they are different engines. They will bolt together but then the support bracet for the gearbox needs to be replaced and shifter will be on an angle etc. Youd be better off waiting for a 525i M50 Manual to come up and swapping the interior. half a day if your one armed, and a hundred times less frustrating. of course, thats just my opinion.