Sign in to follow this  
Dnz

Helmet

So, whats good? Good places to go? Visor vs no visor? Airbags bad for wearing helmet?

I figure if i need one for pukekohe, and i intend to stick with bimmers, i might as well get one.

Anyone got a clue?

So, whats good? Good places to go? Visor vs no visor? Airbags bad for wearing helmet?

I figure if i need one for pukekohe, and i intend to stick with bimmers, i might as well get one.

Anyone got a clue?

With visors I guess it's personal preference and whether you are going to bust out a bit of open top racing.. bugs in the face are probably not a good look. Obviously more visablity with no visor, but I'm no helmet expert. Ian has an open face helmet that he uses.

I have a open face Momo WRC-2.

Pitty you aren't in wgtn this weekend, the MOMO importer has a huge sale on!!!

I got all my racing stuff from them.

Any details Glen on this sale?

I use open face in the race car, but it does have a visor that i can use if i want.

Visors will tend to get in the way of visibility in bad weather, keep the line of sight as open as possible

I use an open face for saloon racing and a full face on a bike. (having said that, I have neither currently)

What ever you do, don't get a cheap one. Buy a good quality helmet and get a good deal on it. It may save your life. Try them on and get one that fits!!! Don't buy a brand, i.e a Shoei may not fit you (they do me), but I couldn't find an Arai that did.

They also have varying life expectancy. A fibreglass helmet will be cheapest, but will have a life of about 1.5 years. A Polycarbonate helmet costs more and will be around 2-2.5 years and a Kevlar-polycarb will be the best and last 3+ years.

Note also, that whichever one you settle upon. If you drop it, you should replace it. If it has a scrape or other marks, it may not be capable of doing its job anymore.

So any deals on a sale will be greatfully received.

Any details Glen on this sale?
It's at the distributors I believe, just off Cuba St. in alicetown (next to the bridge over the railway tracks) on Saturday, I heard it advertised on ZM.

Also check that the helmet you by meets the required standard, BS or SA etc...

I personally went for the full face with a visor. It's a little bit hotter BUT if you do have a crash it would protect your chin/face a bit more. I did a fair bit of drag racing in my old Honda and have the odd dabble on go karts on a friends farm.

As said above, make sure it fits and don't bother with second hand.

I heard it advertised on ZM.

The shame of it.

Your telling me, I have to put up with that and the Wifes hair drier!!

There is a serious lack good radio stations!!

I end up listening to classic hits half the time 'cause they play about twice as much music and half the adds of the other stations.

Edited by E30-323ti

I heard it advertised on ZM.

The shame of it.

Your telling me, I have to put up with that and the Wifes hair drier!!

There is a serious lack good radio stations!!

I end up listening to classic hits half the time 'cause they play about twice as much music and half the adds of the other stations.

Edit: Warning from napier_e36 of piracy eagle eyes. Edited by BMW POWER

Thats why a CD Burner & player was invented, so you can burn/play what you like!

Great isn't it?

this has gone a wee way off topic, but I hope your not promoting the illegal duplication of copyrighted material... This is a public forum after all...

*I dont do that sh*t*

Glenn if you like Classic hits give Radio Hauraki a try, 93.1 I think it is. I've had it on in the car the last few weeks & they play some good sh!t.

I'm also interested in a helmet but may not have the chance to get out this weekend.

Glenn if you like Classic hits give Radio Hauraki a try, 93.1 I think it is. I've had it on in the car the last few weeks & they play some good sh!t.

I'm also interested in a helmet but may not have the chance to get out this weekend.

I'll give them a go.

Well, I went to the sale, picked up a 17x8" momo wheel for $50 to use as a spare once the big brakes are on the rear.

They had some pretty lows prices going, Set of 17's for $800 & 18's for under $1k, there were also 15 & 16's that would have fitted E30 nicely.

Thats why a CD Burner & player was invented, so you can burn/play what you like!

Great isn't it?

this has gone a wee way off topic, but I hope your not promoting the illegal duplication of copyrighted material... This is a public forum after all...

*I dont do that sh*t*

I would think that there are many more serious crimes than burning a CD.. surely..

Like suicide bombing, murder, and of course, drug dealing.

And no i do not promote nor condone this stuff :rolleyes:

I would think that there are many more serious crimes than burning a CD.. surely..

Sure there are worse things, but why leave out the welcome mat to anyone on the net to see that your promoting piracy...

That sale sounded pretty good Glenn - wish Id had the time and $ to go to it~