Sign in to follow this  
vincentsp

help! e30 trans mounts

hi there dude have come accross a problem with my manual conversion the crossmember is wrong or some ting beacuse it wont align will upload a few pics

please help if any one has had same problem or knows what i might do

upload them to tinypic.com (use the auto resize option. 800x600 will be fine), then post the links here.

you possibly have a trans mount to suit a m40 engine, they on a differant angle to m20s so wont line up. thats the only thing i could think of with out seeing pics

http://tinypic.com/r/2s9oktg/6

http://tinypic.com/r/35izk13/6

first one is mounted on chassis and 2nd one on floor side view

Looks like the right mount, you sure you haven't got it back to front?

you possibly have a trans mount to suit a m40 engine, they on a differant angle to m20s so wont line up. thats the only thing i could think of with out seeing pics

could be a getrag240 from a m40 instead i think. bellhousing is on different angle.

hard to tell from photo, but looks as if gearbox may be sitting on angle.

yes the gear box is on an angle but few people said its ok

i have tried mount in all different ways it either pulls gear box to left or doesnt fit

also i think it is from a m40 beacuse shifters are to long going to have to cut and weld them

Yep sounds like its from an m40 then. I dont think there are any cross members that will bolt straight on, you will have to modify that one or make another one. might be easyier to get the correct box.

sounds as if is from an m40 might as well customise to fit more fun more experince , dont want to have to change whole set up ( clutch ect )

if you do it that way and build a custom mount then youll need to get it certed, if you use a mount with no modification then no cert needed. where are you located? i may have a box that i could do a deal on

yeah thats true have been asking around few people who have modified bits to fit and can be a hasstle . im in epsom keen as to sort some thing out, dont want to have to get new clutch set up cost me as much as the set up .

can someone else confirm the clutch he has to suit the 240 box will fit a 260 box aswell